IT Project Manager
San Mateo, CA
G&A – Information Technology
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Serve as lead and conduit between Business Applications and operational functions to drive deployments and integration of technology solutions
- Develop overall project timelines and key milestones; and team meets deadlines
- Manage all phases of projects: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, closure
- Partner with teams cross functionally to promote seamless integration of new technologies within a mixed computing environment
- Coordinate delivery of development (beta) and production releases
- Assist team through regressions testing and lead effort to identify potential impacts and bugs, including risk management and mitigation efforts
- Utilize SDLC, ITIL framework and/or industry best practices
- Facilitate decision-making, arbitrate, remove barriers and drive projects to completion
- Closely monitor implementations, track deployment issues and formulate fallback strategies
- Recognize and address shifts in project complexity, scope and risks
- Ensure project risks are managed and communicated as appropriate
- Analyze feasibility and cost of technology deployments to lead the team to go/no-go decisions
- Work with team to identify and execute cost savings opportunities
- 5 - 10 years of project management experience in the technology sector
- 5+ years of experience leading Information Technology projects that involved business process change and multiple medium to large scale technology components
- Strong preference for enterprise applications, HRIS implementation, Payroll implementation, Customer Support Systems.
- Experience leading projects in application development and systems integration
- Strong understanding of project governance, software development and testing life cycles
- Firm understanding and knowledge of IT infrastructure, protocols and vendor management
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management and other functional departments
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment
- Proven experience in helping project teams move from ambiguity to clarity and leading in a highly dynamic business environment
- Ability to drive and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills, including understanding of the audience
- Outstanding technical skills: background and strong interest in process development, MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, web and other required computer applications
- Required – Bachelor’s degree (computer science, business administration) or equivalent.
- Preferred – PMP or CAPM Certification
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.