Director of Engineering, Tech Platform
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Engineering - Americas /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Lead the evolution of the main Coupa Rails module infrastructure
- Lead the application security function for all development teams
- Lead the development of a high-productivity CI infrastructure for the main Coupa module
- Establish a governance model for technologies used across the Coupa Suite and for internal development tools
- Own the standardization of microservice base images and build pipelines
- Support strategic projects within the engineering organization
- Promote operational excellence in the team and within engineering
- Promote adoption of platform capabilities and improve developer experience
- Manage a global agile team of 17 engineers and managers in US, Ukraine and India
- Hire, retain and motivate top talent on the team
- Define long-term roadmap and drive release planning and execution
- Be involved in technical architecture and design decisions
- Work closely with peers to ensure successful outcomes and improve business processes
- Global team management experience of at least 5 years
- Enterprise software development experience, ideally as an architect
- Experience in framework development, CI/CD, cloud-native DevOps
- Advanced knowledge of cloud technologies and application security
- Ability to direct and mentor team, collaborate and inspire others
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience managing Ruby on Rails development projects
- Deployment of Microservice architecture
- Advocate for data-driven decision and success metrics
- DevOps experience
- Great verbal and presentation skills
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
• Based in California: $197,000-$239,000
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.