Director, Marketing & Business Operations
Marketing & Communications – Marketing /
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 82 million registered learners as of March 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. More than 6,000 institutions have used Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students, including in high-demand fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. The team is segmented into six areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Product Marketing, Brand & Creative, Communications and Strategy & Operations. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s global brand and bringing new learners to the site, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a highly efficient marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
The Marketing Strategy and Operations team at Coursera partners with all areas of the marketing organization and the enterprise sales team to drive revenue, craft and execute marketing strategy, and lead all internal processes and systems to drive productivity, leverage and efficiency. As the Director of Marketing Strategy and Operations you will support a global team and be looked to as a leader in the organization, reporting directly to the CMO.
You will build and execute core operational processes - such as business planning, reporting, and ongoing business operations management. In your role, you will also take up broad spectrum special projects ranging from resource allocation models, organizational cadence and productivity to maintenance and reporting on new marketing processes, platforms, and tools. Your job will also include in-depth quantitative analysis of key performance metrics with particular focus on providing insights, problem solving and creation of scaled systems and processes. You will be a leader in the organization, working closely with senior leaders in the marketing and sales organization and managing a team of marketing operations managers to quickly understand issues and implement solutions. You will be deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity.
- Drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across teams, measuring progress against marketing goals, and assisting in key marketing management meetings.
- Find opportunities to improve marketing team leverage and efficiencies, and lead efforts to scale standard processes and marketing technologies.
- Construct key marketing reporting mechanisms, including weekly and quarterly dashboards, reports and funnel metrics to measure inbound and outbound campaign performance, identify trends and measure ROI
- Develop and implement a global marketing data strategy to ensure consistent data quality, while ensuring appropriate data governance to maintain best practices related to data privacy and anti-spam compliance
- Lead marketing tool roadmap, implementations, and integration with Coursera’s data warehouse, in partnership with Coursera’s data engineering and Salesforce teams
- Define marketing measurement approach against current industry best practices and benchmarks
- 10+ years of marketing experience of which 7+ in marketing operations
- Experience managing large scale marketing operations teams and developing cross-functional collaborations
- Experience in quantitative data analysis of marketing program effectiveness, forecasting and ROI
- Background in in CRM solutions and marketing automation
- Experience with analytics and attribution tools, along with spreadsheet and presentation software
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Management consulting experience
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
- Expertise in Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or other email marketing tools), Marketo, and previous experience with marketing tool data integrations are all a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.