Associate Director, University Partnerships - EMEA
London, England /
Partnerships & Content Strategy – University Partnerships /
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 68 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,800 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The University Partnerships Team oversees and nurtures all of the relationships with institutional and faculty partners, collaborating with partners to align institutional and Coursera objectives around a shared mission. In particular, the University Partnerships Team is responsible for identifying and sourcing high-quality content, from single courses to degrees, that push the boundaries of pedagogical innovation. Associate Directors have deep familiarity with our product and organization, our partners’ structure and mission, and the landscape in which we operate. As part of the team, you will manage a portfolio of universities, working closely with them to build trusting relationships, proactively understanding their context and concerns, and help Coursera leverage such partnerships to achieve its goals. Your work will demand that you can interface with a range of stakeholders from senior-level leadership to instructors and program managers. Central to your work is the ability to demonstrate and ensure Coursera’s value to the institution while shaping a strategy for the partnership that drives long-term engagement.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Source Content and Credentials: Source content and credentials including degrees, MasterTracks™, specializations, courses and negotiate business and service terms associated with partner relationships
- Relationships: Influence and inspire partners by engaging with university stakeholders at all levels including: faculty, deans, administrators, and provosts
- Revenues: Grow revenues at a high rate by identifying, prioritizing, and executing on opportunities to create shared value across all of Coursera channels that can transform the lives of learners
- Leadership: Align cross-functional teams to efficiently deliver for partners by acting as the primary Coursera contact, coordinating and inspiring teams to deliver success
- Strategic initiatives: Drive adoption of strategic initiatives by developing campus-wide digital strategies, identify business opportunities, and shape solutions
- Distribution: Help drive enrollments in B2C and B2B channels by working with other teams on value proposition, positioning, pricing, cohort targets, and marketing of your portfolio’s content.Ad hoc projects to make a partnership successful, which can include planning events, improving systems, ensuring exceptional collaboration among internal teams, etc.
- 7+ years of experience in client facing role managing complex relationships (Consulting, Business Development, Account Management, Higher Ed)
- Demonstrated history of Strategic thinking with the ability to design and execute high-leverage action plans, based on solid data-driven analysis
- Fluency in an additional European language
- Demonstrated ability to grow a business by leading cross-functional stakeholders to create value for learners, partners and Coursera
- Incredible perseverance and drive, manifested in a strong work ethic and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- Understanding or desire to learn about university culture and teaching
- Experience of working Internationally
- Experience of working within the Educational sector; preferably within Higher Education
- Passion for our mission, aligning stakeholders, and achieving ambitious goals to bring high-quality content to learners around the world
- Capacity to travel 50% of the time within EMEA, with occasional US travel.
- MBA or Graduate Degree preferred
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our GDPR Recruitment Notice here.