Senior Product Manager, Certificates
Mountain View, CA; Remote in USA /
Product Management – Product Management /
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our amazing Degrees Growth team. In this role, you will lead our efforts to
* Own the Product-Market-Fit of certificate with partners and with learners
* Growth of MasterTrack and global certificate products
* Ensure an efficient end-to-end experience for the certificate partner
* Ensure a delightful end-to-end experience for the certificate learner
* Collaboration with marketing and enrollment teams
* Collaboration with other product teams to support the Certificates product
- Drive short-term and long-term product vision creating product strategy and translating strategy into actionable roadmaps and requirements. Align internal and external stakeholders on priorities and roadmap.
- Lead cross-functional teams of data scientists, designers and engineers to build highly leveraged platform foundations and product features. Ability to lead through influence and align stakeholders around product decisions.
- Understand external customer jobs to be done and internal stakeholder business priorities that rely on core content and authoring to build or enhance product features
- Determine learner and educator needs by evaluating data, gathering feedback, and conducting research.
- Ship impactful product features on time and in scope through solid execution and making smart tradeoffs in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment involving close collaboration with engineering, design, research, data, services, marketing, and sales teams.
- Ensure successful product launches with go-to-market activities and post-launch analysis to inform future product direction
- 5+ years of product management or relevant experience.
- Direct experience in scaling platform-level capabilities that serve multiple use cases
- Showcase business analytical, structured thinking, data-driven focus when achieving engagement, loyalty, conversions, and growth through planning and experimentation.
- Prior domain experience in higher education, online learning, or similar fields.
- Prior experience in building products for educators or content creators on a platform or marketplace.
- Technical background and/or empathy for engineers, and strong communication skills
- Experience in building well-designed products that solve real-world user needs and deliver significant business impact.
- Direct experience in scaling platform-level capabilities that serve multiple use cases.
- Has worked in highly cross-functional projects with the ability to align disparate stakeholders and set realistic expectations amongst competing priorities.
- Business analytical and structured thinking. Data-driven with a strong focus on achieving engagement, loyalty, conversions, and growth through planning and experimentation.
- Excellent consumer intuition as demonstrated by shipping consumer products or services.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.