Product Designer II, Educator
Mountain View; Toronto; Remote /
Design, Research & Product Management – Design & Research /
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 76 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
As a Product Designer at Coursera you will have the opportunity to create experiences for the Coursera Content Platform, the backbone serving complex authoring and content management workflows for Educators and Industry Partners who create content for learners in the Consumer, Enterprise & Degrees businesses.
The experience of authoring and managing courses is inherently challenging with multiple players involved during the process. Your job is to create simplicity from complexity; map real-world scenarios to tasks and workflows, understand the complex backend framework that supports these interaction patterns and influence everything from micro interactions to the most complex system design challenges. As the Coursera product offering grows, our goals are monumental and we need extraordinary designers to realize them.
REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of UX design, interaction design work case studies, and any examples of product design for growth is highly valuable (please link a personal website or portfolio below).
- Leverage your product, interaction, and visual design skills to create delightful experiences that empower our users
- Partner with product managers, engineers, data science, and research to create a product from the initial definition to shipping and beyond
- Iterate on design to arrive at optimal solutions considering timelines, feasibility, technical and business constraints
- Envision new experiences based on user insights and product goals
- Design for multiple projects at a time, managing time, goals, and cross-functional collaboration effectively
- Work with substantial autonomy across multiple teams and business lines
- Detect opportunities to collaborate with designers across teams and help evolve the culture of knowledge sharing within the team
- 4+ years of experience in shipping complex products
- Strong desire to have a large stake in a deeply collaborative team
- Able to design end-to-end experience for workflows starting with information architecture, user journeys, concept sketches to high fidelity designs
- Able to work with engineers to understand client-side and backend framework constraints and capabilities and come up with feasible solutions that don’t compromise the experience
- Ability to articulate your design approach and decisions with verbal and visual communication skills
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics with the user’s experience
- Able to produce quality design concepts quickly, open to feedback, and can translate feedback rapidly into design iterations
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.