Talent Sourcer/Research (Contract)
Mountain View, CA; Remote in USA /
People – People /
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 82 million registered learners as of March 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. More than 6,000 institutions have used Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students, including in high-demand fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The People team at Coursera is responsible for building our teams, retaining our amazing talent, and developing programs that create community and promote employee betterment. Currently, we are tackling projects aimed at helping Coursera to continue to scale as a top global company of high-performance teams. We are passionate about fulfilling our company’s mission to transform lives through learning.
As a Talent Researcher, you will play a critical role in partnering with recruiters and hiring teams to execute strategies for building diverse pipelines of candidates that represent our global community of learners. You will engage, inspire, and nurture relationships with the talent community through sourcing, outreach, events, and affiliations with relevant community and professional organizations. Your partnership with our Employer Branding leads and our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team will help pioneer new top-of-funnel strategies that will make Coursera irresistibly attractive to outstanding talent.
If this sounds like the job for you, it is because you are an excellent communicator, you are data-driven and great at juggling multiple, high-volume pipelines. You are proactive, self-motivated, have a strong desire to eliminate barriers to entry for underrepresented communities, and have a passion for bringing education to the world!
- Build phenomenal pipelines of diverse talent with an emphasis on creating extraordinary candidate experiences; everyone you meet and talk to should feel inspired to join Coursera’s global mission!
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring teams to understand the requirements of various roles, define and identify transferable skill profiles, and screen and assess candidates and referrals.
- Partner with Employer Branding leads and the DEI team to develop creative outreach and engagement strategies that continuously grow and diversify Coursera’s talent networks; lead outreach campaigns; plan, execute, and attend events and conferences as needed.
- Proactively nurture multiple talent pipelines and track pipeline activity to share with recruiters and hiring teams.
- Conduct market discovery to inform your storytelling with data, research, and relevant talent insights; make recommendations on where diverse talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal teams to attract and engage additive talent.
- Seek exposure to new markets and global communities to elevate your cultural competency and ability to connect with individuals from around the world.
- 2+ years of experience sourcing or recruiting, to include finding, screening, and interviewing candidates
- Experience analyzing data, understanding trends, developing and articulating recommendations for action, based on the analysis
- Previous experience building partnerships with DEI organizations
- Experience using applicant tracking systems and other sourcing tools or talent data platforms
- Experience sourcing and engaging both tech and non-tech talent
- Experience developing diversity recruiting strategies and engaging with passive candidates
- Employer Branding experience
- Previous project management experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets (vlookup, pivot tables, functions)
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.