Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Engineering – Engineering - Rhyme /
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 82 million registered learners as of March 31, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. More than 6,000 institutions have used Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students, including in high-demand fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
We are looking for someone who’s eligible to work in Bulgaria with an interest in developing and maintaining highly scalable infrastructure on various cloud providers, like AWS and Google Cloud. The candidate should have at least 2 years of professional experience designing, building and maintaining infrastructure, as well as provisioning it. You should have good knowledge about security and scalability of infrastructure, too. Good communication skills are a must - we are looking for a team player.
- Build, optimize and scale our cloud-based infrastructure
- Design, build, and maintain tools and frameworks to deploy, test, preview, and ship code to production
- Collaborate with product teams to identify common pain points and develop solutions for them
- Build, maintain, and evangelize developer tools, frameworks, and techniques to enhance development experience and improve developer productivity
- Being comfortable making trade-offs between cost / complexity / functionality
- Being passionate about helping teammates develop technical excellence
- Knowledge in various cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean (EC2, RDS, Route53, ElasticTranscoder)
- Knowledge with DevOps technologies like Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Knowledge in administration of Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Working knowledge of security for servers and infrastructure clusters
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) tools like Terraform
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash or Python
- Business communication skills in English
- Experience with maintaining a multi-region infrastructure
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses and guided projects on Coursera: The courses from the AWS Fundamentals specialization
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.