Site Reliability Engineer
Berkeley, CA /
Engineering – Software /
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset. Read more about our culture at https://www.keyvalues.com/covariant .
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will:
- Design, build, manage and monitor the infrastructure we use to deploy our AI software and robotics solutions.
- Develop and evolve software engineering and operational practices for the unique needs of distributed AI-powered cyber-physical systems.
- Identify and establish healthy engineering and operational culture and processes.
- Deliver previously-impossible robotics capabilities that solve real needs for our partners and customers.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support a diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers, AI/ML researchers, and business development.
We're looking for candidates with:
- Substantial previous experience in operating and automating production systems in both cloud and bare metal, deploying and administering Linux systems and/or wide-area networks, and building new tools and/or extending existing tools to add new capabilities.
- A track record of accelerating developer productivity through improved tooling, automation, and education. A track record of partnering with stakeholders to deliver solutions throughout the development process.
- A solid foundation in Python, Linux, and networking.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to pick up new languages or technologies as needed, to solve real problems and deliver business impact.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Are motivated to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- Are excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive, thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out what is the most important problem to work on.
- Have previously done one or more of the following: deployed client-side software, including protecting source code, establishing secure licensing, and performing release engineering; or, set up and scaled developer tooling and CI/CD systems; or built ML or IoT data pipelines processing images and metadata from live deployments; or managed high-bandwidth deep learning or super-computing hardware.
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.