Engineering – Software
At covariant.ai, innovation is at the core of our company. Curiosity, tenacity, and passion motivate us to bring the next generation of robotic automation to the world’s factories, warehouses and, one day, even homes.
Drawing on recent advances in Deep Imitation Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning, covariant.ai is developing AI software that makes it easy for robots to learn new, complex skills.
Founded by Pieter Abbeel, Peter Chen, Rocky Duan and Tianhao Zhang, we are based in Berkeley, CA and backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital firms.
As a part of a rapidly growing startup, you will have the rare opportunity to build and develop software that mimics human behavior without the help of engineers, while also growing and developing your own skills and passions as the company expands. Join us on an exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of robotics.
As Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Design, build, and manage the core platform used by our software engineers and ML researchers to develop and train our AI software and robotics systems
- Evolve best practices for traditional software development to address the needs of cyber-physical systems and deep-learning-based software -- including scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Collaborate with and support a diverse team, which includes software engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, roboticists, and ML researchers.
We look for a track record of the following:
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Solid background in multiple programming languages (e.g. Python or C/C++), and willingness to pick up new languages or frameworks as needed
- Experience with the design and operation of production services, including maintainability, performance, robustness, and observability
- Familiarity with the Linux environment, basic networking, and management infrastructure such as Docker, Kubernetes, or AWS
You might be a good fit if you:
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, taking on a high degree of autonomy and ownership
- Know the difference between a good hack and a bad hack, and how to make appropriate tradeoffs between getting things working and getting things right
- Have previously done one or more of the following: deployed client-side software, including protecting source code, establishing secure licensing, and performing release engineering; or, set up and scaled developer tooling and CI/CD systems; or built ML or IoT data pipelines processing images and metadata from live deployments
- Are excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive, helpful, and down-to-earth
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off
Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.