Berkeley, CA /
Operations – Field Engineer /
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset. Read more about our culture at https://www.keyvalues.com/covariant .
As a Field Engineer you will:
- Be the spear point of the effort to deploy the best industrial deep learning on Earth.
- Enjoy cross-disciplinary work as you troubleshoot and compose hardware, electronics, and software.
- Utilize both technical and soft skills as you work directly with customers to lead the deployment of Covariant’s robotics systems.
- Collaborate across time zones and continents as you travel to deployment sites.
- Collaborate with product management, research, and engineering teams to guide the future direction of Covariant products.
Essential skills and credentials:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. EE, ME, CS) or portfolio of comparable quality
- Experience working on professional or personal hardware projects which include mechanical, electronic and software elements
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with others. Natural disposition to give attention, respect and earnest effort to others thereby earning their confidence.
- Ability to identify and assess different creative approaches to solve the same problem
- Ability to remain calm under pressure (e.g. troubleshooting a halted system in front of the customer)
- Familiarity with Linux, Ubuntu, and Command Line usage
- Familiarity with programming in one or more languages
- Willingness to travel (50%-75%)
Preferred skills and credentials:
- 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks preferred), experience in reading and generating design drawings
- Familiarity with computer networking
- Experience programming in Python
- Interest to learn basic principles of deep learning
- Experience working in a startup or similarly fast-paced and self-directed environment
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.