Machine Learning, AI Research Internship
Emeryville, CA /
Research – Research Engineer /
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset.
The Covariant Brain is a Universal AI Platform that powers all robotic applications at Covariant. The Brain is a collection of state-of-the-art models, algorithms, and APIs that enable all intelligent behavior of the robot, from perception to 3d object understanding, grasp sampling, motion planning, and control.
We are seeking talented and motivated interns to join our AI Research team. As an AI Research Intern, you will work directly under the guidance of a research mentor, contributing to cutting-edge projects in the areas of artificial intelligence, robotics, and machine learning. This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with working on real-world applications and expand your knowledge while having the potential to transform and leave a lasting impact on our company's technology stack.
- Strong knowledge and experience in any of the following areas: modern computer vision (including but not limited to depth estimation, segmentation, occupancy estimation, NERFs), large language models, motion planning, dynamics modeling, robotics simulation
- Knowledge and experience in training and analyzing ML models and robotics applications (in simulation, or in the real world)
- A solid mathematical and statistical foundation with an understanding of how to apply ML concepts (e.g. training, optimizers, regression, classification, etc.)
- Proficiency in Python and experience with tensor libraries (e.g. NumPy, PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Clear communication, organization, and collaboration
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A unique opportunity to work on innovative projects with a lasting impact on the company’s technology stack
- Mentorship from experienced researchers in the field of AI and robotics
- A collaborative and inclusive environment that values diversity and promotes growth
- Free lunch and dinner every day
COMPANY CORE VALUES
STRIVING FOR EMPATHY
TAKING ON THE IMPOSSIBLE, TOGETHER
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Flexible work hours
401(k) plan and match (applies only to United States employees)
Lunch and dinner each day (for on-site employees)
Monthly Health & Wellness budget
Quarterly Learning budget
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.