Full Stack Engineer
Berkeley, CA /
Engineering – Software /
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset. Read more about our culture at https://www.keyvalues.com/covariant .
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement internal- and external-facing interfaces for developing and operating AI-powered robot systems.
- Develop effective visualizations to give critical insight into robotic performance. Build data visualization applications from end to end.
- Be responsible for driving robot UI and R&D data visualization at Covariant.
- Deliver previously-impossible robotics capabilities that solve real needs for our partners and customers.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and support a diverse and cross-functional team, including mechanical, electrical and robotics engineers, AI/ML researchers, and business development.
We're looking for candidates with:
- Substantial previous experience in designing, developing and deploying production-grade user interfaces.
- A track record of architecting clean abstractions, driving technical decision-making, and setting priorities in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Experience with 3D graphics frameworks such as d3.js, solid background in multiple programming languages (e.g. Python, TypeScript), and willingness to pick up new languages or technologies as needed.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to work across the stack to solve real problems and deliver business impact. Ability to contribute to backend infrastructure and familiarity with technical areas such as databases and networking.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Are motivated to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- Are excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive, thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out what is the most important problem to work on.
- (Bonus) Have previous experience as an artist or scientist.
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.