Sr. Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Berkeley, CA /
Engineering – Software /
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset. Read more about our culture at https://www.keyvalues.com/covariant .
As a Data Infra Engineer you will:
- Architect and maintain data pipelines to ingest, index, and manage AI telemetry, annotation, and image data.
- Work closely with researchers and ML engineers to design, build, and maintain the data engine powering our machine learning systems.
- Collaborate with and support a diverse team in their data needs, which includes software engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, roboticists, and ML researchers.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Substantial previous experience in designing, developing and deploying production-grade data systems.
- A track record of architecting robust, reliable, maintainable, and secure systems.
- A track record of technical decision-making and setting priorities in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Commitment to continuous learning and willingness to work in a variety of technical areas as needed, to solve real problems and deliver business impact.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Are motivated to work on challenging real-world engineering problems without prior solutions.
- Are excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive, thoughtful, and down-to-earth.
- Are self-directed and enjoy figuring out what is the most important problem to work on.
- Have previously led development of any of the following: IoT data pipeline processing images and metadata from live deployments, production ML training pipeline, analytics platform and data ETL.
- Bonus: experience with technologies such as, Terraform, Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark.
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.