Product – Product Management
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Sit at the intersection of user experience, business and engineering as you lead the process of setting the product roadmap.
- Meet with customers across diverse locations and industries to learn their pain points and explore solutions.
- Take inputs from a diverse set of technical disciplines to deeply understand the limitations and tradeoff of various approaches to solve the same problem.
- Manage near and long term risk to deliver highly reliable systems while developing and validating new features.
Essential skills and credentials:
- BS/MS in a technical degree (e.g. CS, EE, MechE, Physics, Math) or work experience of comparable technical content
- Excellent written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams of engineers to synthesize a holistic understanding of how various disciplines (electrical, mechanical, software, AI) interact with each other
- Ability to lead productive conversations around prioritization among many stakeholders with differing attitudes
- Experience building rapport and trust with both the engineering and business teams
- Strong toolbox of risk management approaches; the ability to work with fundamentally novel technologies where the feasibility boundary and rate of progress are difficult to predict
- Strong analytical skillset; experience with data driven decision making
Preferred skills and credentials:
- Experience growing a B2B product from a proof of concept stage to scale
- Experience managing teams delivering a cyber-physical product
- Ability to decompose roadmap into a project management system, especially experience with Jira
- Familiarity with computer vision, deep learning or robotics
- Familiarity with industrial automation, supply chain or material handling
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.