Engineering – Hardware
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset.
The Deployment Engineering team travels to client sites and implements our artificial intelligence platform and robotic systems to ensure customer success. Deployment engineers interface with other teams and individuals and then go out into the field to deploy production robot assemblies, sensors, electronics, software, and other support infrastructure.
Travel: 50% to 75%
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot robotic systems at various sites.
- Travel to required client sites at varying times for unset durations.
- Interface with client personnel and partners to integrate with on-site systems.
- Communicate effectively with deployment stakeholders internally and externally to push development.
- Contribute to the effort to improve our products.
- Rigorously inspect and QA the robotic systems being deployed.
- Handle shipping logistics.
- Interact with basic structural designs in CAD.
- BS required in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or hardware-related engineering.
- Intuitive comfort around mechanical/electromechanical systems & warehouse automation desirable.
- Linux command-line and server/networking knowledge required.
- Software programming skills strongly preferred (Python, Bash, etc.).
- Prior experience with robot arms (ABB, Fanuc, UR, etc.) desirable.
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.