Engineering – Software
At covariant.ai, innovation is at the core of our company. Curiosity, tenacity, and passion motivate us to bring the next generation of robotic automation to the world’s factories, warehouses and, one day, even homes.
Drawing on recent advances in Deep Imitation Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning, covariant.ai is developing AI software that makes it easy for robots to learn new, complex skills.
Founded by Pieter Abbeel, Peter Chen, Rocky Duan and Tianhao Zhang, we are based in Berkeley, CA and backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital firms.
As a part of a rapidly growing startup, you will have the rare opportunity to build and develop software that mimics human behavior without the help of engineers, while also growing and developing your own skills and passions as the company expands. Join us on an exciting journey as we bring the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to the future of robotics.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Work side-by-side with the top talent in industry and academia in the field of AI + robotics.
- Implement mission-critical software in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Evolve best practices for traditional software development to address the needs of cyber-physical systems and deep-learning-based software -- including scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Collaborate with and support a diverse team, which includes software engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, roboticists, and ML researchers.
We look for a track record of the following:
- Prior software engineering experience, e.g. an internship or other relevant work
- Solid background in at least one programming language, e.g. Python or C/C++, and willingness to pick up any new languages or frameworks as needed
- Fearless about jumping around the stack and self-directed in identifying work that has a significant impact
You might be a good fit if you:
- Desire to work with a small collaborative team, taking on a high degree of autonomy and ownership
- Own problems end-to-end, and are willing to learning whatever knowledge you're missing to get the job done
- Are excited to join coworkers that strive to be inclusive, helpful, and down-to-earth
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
Unlimited time off
Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day
401(k) plan and match
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.