Senior Software Engineer
Los Angeles /
Full-time / On-site
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who thrives on the challenge of building scalable software. If you know Laravel PHP like the back of your hand and can parachute (safely) into any project, join Coverfly in building an innovative platform to fix the way Hollywood discovers screenwriters!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work hand-in-hand with the CTO to define the architecture of our platform and guide its implementation. You’ll help lead a team that’s always learning, collaborating, and sharing knowledge!
What You’ll Do
- Master the overall platform architecture, maintain existing functionality, and help build new features.
- Guide and assist the other engineers who are constantly moving forward on feature requests.
- Lead the adoption of the latest technologies for providing the best possible user experience.
- Deploy and monitor AWS infrastructure.
- Jump in and help our product development teams engineer, improve or fix any ongoing projects.
- Architect solutions to leverage the best of cloud infrastructure.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer in a fast-paced, web-centric environment.
- Experience with Laravel (PHP), MySQL, Vue.js and Linux or similar Unix environments.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Experience with architecting web applications, services, and infrastructure in a startup type setting.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Solid communication skills with both product management and engineering teams.
About the Company
Coverfly connects emerging writers with the industry, guiding writers to improve their craft and career through partnerships with top competitions, fellowships, and coverage providers. We offer a variety of programs to showcase great talent, while being good stewards of aspiring writers as they determine their next step forward.
About the Team
As a team, we routinely collaborate and iterate on strategies with a focus on results. Three core values keep us aligned: curiosity, trust, and impact. We foster a culture of constant learning and improvement where teammates work together to accomplish user-focused initiatives.
Where You'll Work
Our office is based in West Hollywood, California, but the team is currently totally remote. When we are back in the office, working from home a couple of days per week is fine with us. As long as you’re getting your work done, where and when you work is flexible.