Sr. Story Analyst (LA Preferred, but Remote Optional)
Los Angeles /
Full-time / On-site
We’re looking for enthusiastic, fast, full-time screenplay readers who love helping aspiring writers. If you love reading scripts and want to have an impact on which scripts are elevated in the industry, this is a great position for you.
Coverfly is seeking readers to evaluate and give notes on screenplays. The position is primarily work-from-home, but candidates are expected to come to the office in Hollywood once or twice per week for discussions about top writers, team meetings, and manager touch bases. LA-based candidates are preferred, but candidates who are not LA based are welcome to apply and would need to dial into meetings virtually.
The ideal candidate...
- Loves reading and analyzing screenplays
- Enjoys helping writers by providing them feedback on their projects
- Has a supportive and engaging style of providing constructive criticism
- Is detail-oriented, well written, and able to organize their thoughts and ideas
- Passionate about projects and will be excited to elevate the best scripts and writers they come across to the team
- Has industry experience reading for an agency, management company, production company, or studio
- Backs up their opinions with well-thought reasoning
- Quickly and efficiently read and analyze screenplays most of the day
- Provide thoughts to Talent Discovery Brand Managers to advise on which scripts and writers should be considered for the programs
- Participate in group debates about your favorite screenplays and writers
- Highlight writers and projects to be promoted to managers, agents, producers, and showrunners
- Write short promotional material (like bios or brief synopses) about why a writer or script stands out
About the Company
Coverfly connects emerging writers with the industry, guiding writers to improve their craft and career through partnerships with top competitions, fellowships, and coverage providers. We offer a variety of programs to showcase great talent, while being good stewards of aspiring writers as they determine their next step forward.
About the Team
As a team, we routinely collaborate and iterate on strategies with a focus on results. Three core values keep us aligned: curiosity, trust, and impact. We foster a culture of constant learning and improvement where teammates work together to accomplish user-focused initiatives.