Reader + Jr. Industry Liaison
Full-time / On-site
Do you love reading screenplays and building industry relationships? Do you want to help writers improve their craft and get discovered?
The Reader and Jr. Industry Liaison ensures writers are receiving helpful, constructive feedback on their work and also supports top writers by introducing their work to Hollywood executives.
About half of the job will be focused on reading and analyzing screenplays, and the other half will be working with writers developmentally, building industry juries for prestigious screenwriting competitions, and making personal introductions for the best writers to your growing network of industry professionals.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys:
- Reading screenplays
- Giving written feedback to help others improve
- Networking, building relationships, meeting new people
- Sales and selling
- Flexible roles where no two weeks look the same
- Creating enjoyable experiences for others
- Read screenplays, provide written feedback, and participate in group debates about your favorites
- Organize juries and jury dinners every month with high-level executives at studios, TV networks, and agencies
- Network across the industry to form relationships with executives who trust your taste in screenplays
- Work closely with the top writers to develop their writing and how they present their writing to the industry
- Foster relationships between writers and your (growing) network in the industry