Writer Development Executive
Los Angeles /
Writer Development / Writer Success /
Full-time / On-site
Do you love reading screenplays and building new industry relationships? Do you want to help writers improve their craft and get discovered?
The Writer Development Executive is like a Pre-Manager for writers. This role supports top writers by introducing their work to entertainment industry professionals, and strategizing to create initiatives that will help break undiscovered talent into Hollywood. This role does not package or develop projects for production.
In your cover letter, please include your favorite film or TV franchise.
Expectations for the first Three Months
- Sign or staff 5 Coverfly writers with new industry contacts
- Develop strong new contacts at 6 of the top agencies or management companies
- Define 3-6 month strategy for improved outreach and signings based on changing market conditions
- Experience, even intern, at an agency, management company, or comparable
- Existing relationships with literary managers, agents and development execs
- Enjoys reading high volume of scripts, giving notes and developing screenplays collaboratively with writers
- Experience working at a fast-moving company and working collaboratively with a team
- Comfortable networking via phone, Zoom, or other virtual or in person events
You love to:
- Network to build relationships and introduce others to start relationships
- Coach and mentor writers to help them get signed, staffed, or optioned
- Read screenplays and give feedback that helps writers realize the full potential of their story
- Pivot and adjust to shifting strategies based on new information
- Taking on a variety of challenges that change day-to-day
- Work with a team to tackle big challenges strategically
- Make things more efficient through process-oriented solutions
- Create enjoyable experiences for others
About the Company
Coverfly connects emerging writers with the industry, guiding writers to improve their craft and career through partnerships with top competitions, fellowships, and coverage providers. We offer a variety of programs to showcase great talent, while being good stewards of aspiring writers as they determine their next step forward.
About the Team
As a team, we routinely collaborate and iterate on strategies with a focus on results. Three core values keep us aligned: curiosity, trust, and impact. We foster a culture of constant learning and improvement where teammates work together to accomplish user-focused initiatives.