Head of Marketing and Content
Los Angeles /
Marketing + Content /
Full-time / On-site
Do you love growing brands and thrive in a small collaborative team environment? Do you love championing new talent? Do you have a natural gift for marketing and sales?
The Head of Marketing position will lead a multifunctional team to elevate our suite of brands through marketing, social media, customer support, content, events, and public relations. You will find effective ways to aggregate and analyze sales data and customer needs to maximize the impact of company-wide marketing efforts. You will implement cross-divisional strategies to grow the core audience of the brands. You will participate in the high-level strategies of the company.
This is a full-time, in-office role that is based in Hollywood, California.
- Increase the brand trust and awareness for the multiple brands of the company
- Acquire new targeted audiences to brands while driving continued high-value traffic to all websites through various strategies including: Content Marketing, Public Relations, Paid Advertising, Events
- Develop and implement new methods to achieve consistent PR for news-worthy company successes
- Build relationships and strategies to sell ads to major studios (FYC), film schools, film equipment companies, and other potential advertisers in the market
- Establish and continually improve processes to accurately track the impact of marketing
- Increase company revenue and rate of growth
- Drive the marketing, branding, public relations, and content strategies for all 5 company brands
- Manage a team of three to five (and growing) individuals, supporting their professional growth and development to deliver ambitious results
- Have a deep understanding of the brands, vision, and mission of the company to actively drive strategies for growth and success across the company
- Create and implement new strategies. Build new brands and initiatives. This is a role that requires a highly driven self-starter, that actively looks for problems to solve and ways to do things better.
- Be flexible and able to pivot to support the company as it grows and encounters challenges and changes
About the Company
Coverfly connects emerging writers with the industry, guiding writers to improve their craft and career through partnerships with top competitions, fellowships, and coverage providers. We offer a variety of programs to showcase great talent, while being good stewards of aspiring writers as they determine their next step forward.
About the Team
As a team, we routinely collaborate and iterate on strategies with a focus on results. Three core values keep us aligned: curiosity, trust, and impact. We foster a culture of constant learning and improvement where teammates work together to accomplish user-focused initiatives.