Insurance Product Manager - Warranty
New York /
Insurance – Insurance Product Development /
Cover Genius is a global Insurtech with a vision to protect all the customers of the world’s largest online companies. Partners such as Booking.com, eBay, Shipstation and AXS have integrated XCover, our insurance distribution platform that enables companies in a wide range of industries to sell or distribute any line of insurance in any country.
Our team and products have been recognised with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 10 countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
Cover Genius Insurance Product Managers are the resident experts on specific product lines and go-to resource for coverage analysis and innovation, pricing, and filing requirements and regulations. As Insurance Product Manager for Warranty you will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of products sourced and developed in our Warranty business vertical across our Americas operations. This will include developing and communicating product line strategies, and supporting the partnerships team in providing product solutions in order to meet partner demands and increase market penetration.
What does the ideal profile looks like?
- A minimum of five years' experience in product, pricing and/or underwriting at an insurer
- Track record in developing warranty products and service contracts and ongoing product/portfolio management
- Depth of knowledge around filing and compliance obligations for various Warranty categories including vehicle, whole home, consumer goods and electronics, and appliance
- Experience with inclusion of insurance coverages in Warranty programs including accidental damage and theft & loss
- Experience in designing and writing T&C wordings and other warranty related documentation
- Problem solving and advocating for customer solutions
- Ability to adapt quickly to a start-up pace environment and culture
- Produce reports and analyze performance to maximize opportunity and market share
- A clear understanding of product design and proposition - what makes it a success or failure
- Experience in product entry strategies, product designs and growing revenue
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. Some of the benefits we have are:
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. With the recent impact of Covid we gave 15 days additional leave to all employees for when they need a break and some well-deserved downtime.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!