Medical Travel Claims Specialist
Remote - US /
Customer – Claims /
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE CLAIMS ADJUSTING LICENSE(S) AND THE ABILITY TO QUICKLY OBTAIN LICENSES IN APPLICABLE STATES.
Cover Genius is a Series D insurtech that protects the global customers of the world’s largest digital companies including Booking Holdings, owner of Priceline, Kayak and Booking.com, Intuit, Hopper, Skyscanner, Ryanair, Turkish Airlines, Descartes ShipRush, Zip and SeatGeek. We’re also available at Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Wayfair and SE Asia’s largest company, Shopee. Our partners integrate with XCover, our award-winning insurance distribution platform, to embed protection for millions of customers worldwide each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 20+ countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
The Medical Travel Claims Specialist is responsible for overseeing our complex travel claims ensuring claims are handled efficiently, while always providing a world-class customer experience. At Cover Genius, you are the expert of medical travel claims. We will look to you to guide, mentor, and manage our Medical Travel Claims handlers and supervise escalations to Medical and Service Partners.
What your work week will look like:
- Own the end-to-end resolution of all complex Medical claims within the Travel Insurance Department ensuring the best experience possible for our customers.
- Day to day control and monitoring of complex claims and ensure that SLAs are respected.
- Identification and implementation of new processes and improvements.
- Provide input and assist leadership in planning and evaluating strategies, gathering and analyzing data and preparation of reports.
- Identify cross-operational opportunities for Claims process improvements, loss prevention programs and internal training.
- Liaise with outsourced partner teams.
What the ideal profile looks like:
- Must possess at least one state Claims Adjuster license with ability to gain additional licenses.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in travel insurance claim handling.
- Proven experience handling medical and injury claims-medical background a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and fast decision making skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a start-up pace environment and culture.
- Proven ability to foster and develop relationships with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Problem solver and advocator for customer solutions.
- Enhancing systems and processes and feedback loops.
- Knowledge/ understanding of basic medical terminology.
- Produce reports and present quarterly results.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. What does that mean?
• Flexible PTO. Taking time out is important for our teams to enjoy life and stay fresh.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Work with like-minded people who are passionate about both the work we're doing and giving back. Our CG Gives programs enables us to all become philanthropists through our peer recognition and rewards system.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* We care about the health and safety of our people. This means that we require our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they are not subject to an exemption. Please let us know if you have any questions or need accommodations based on your individual circumstances.
* Cover Genius promotes diversity and inclusivity. We don't tolerate discrimination, demeaning treatment of anyone, or harassment due to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
*The salary range for this role in NYC is between $75,000 and $90,000. All roles are eligible to receive equity.