Director of Product Underwriting
Want to be a part of an amazing team at the fastest growing digital insurance agency in the US? Join the CoverHound / CyberPolicy teams and help small to medium businesses nationwide compare and purchase the right commercial insurance for their specific businesses.
CoverHound’s goal is to exceed every customer's expectations when it comes to shopping for and purchasing the right insurance for themselves or for their business. We continue to grow nationally, because we hire and promote from within based on our shared drive to innovate and improve how P&C insurance can be compared and purchased.
The Director for Product Underwriting is a strategic role that will act as a liaison between our sales and digital product teams. Located in Westlake Village, CA you will be our resident expert to help our sales teams with any insurance coverage questions and carrier-specific nuances in the sales process. You will also work with our digital product team based in San Francisco, CA to help them understand frequently asked questions and other pain points so that the product team can help make our overall platform more user friendly to our end customers.
What You Will Be Working On
- Collaborate with our sales team to answer any coverage or product questions they have
- Communicate with the broader product team to articulate what questions are usually faced by our customers and agents
- Help train our sales and service teams on insurance products
- Recommend improvements to the quality of training programs based on interactions with sales and service teams
What You Need To Succeed
- We want you to love insurance like we do! We are a fast-paced InsurTech company and being a strong team player and having excellent communication skills are critical to fit our collaborative culture
- An understanding of small business insurance products is a must, and if you have been underwriting these products or training commercial agencies on SMB products you will be an awesome fit
What You Bring To The Team
- 6-10 years of underwriting, training or agency relationship experience in the small commercial space
- Cyber insurance knowledge a plus
- Industry related certifications and College degree preferred
- Ability to multi-task with strong project management skills
Our company culture:
Our employees are driven, accountable, customer service oriented and excellent at what they do. We work hard, support each other and share a mission of being the best insurance technology platform out there. Exceeding expectations is our standard. We don’t pass the buck and we are BFFs with change because we can see its hidden opportunities. We aim to change the status quo for insurance shoppers. Our leaders are veterans in the insurance market. We grow from failing fast and learning from TONS of data so experimenting is encouraged. We value transparency, learning from each other and collaboration.