The Product team is currently looking for a talented and dedicated UX / UI Designer who is passionate about shaping people’s perception and experience for insurance shopping through exceptional design. As an ideal candidate, you have proficiency in user-centered design, a love of analytics, knowledge of mobile design patterns, and are comfortable writing HTML and CSS.
What You'll Be Working On
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to develop new visual elements, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to create the best possible user experience across all of our web applications (mobile and desktop)
- Use your deep knowledge of modern UI and usability heuristics, as well as continuous UX research to iteratively enhance usability in CoverHound's existing products, and all new features
- Communicate interaction ideas and create prototypes, in addition to gathering and managing team feedback for design refinements
- Probe common and challenging usability problems to gain a deeper understanding of user goals and behaviors while they use (within the) CoverHound web flow
What You Bring To The Team
- 3-5 years of UX/UI design experience of turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences on the web, optimized across platforms and devices
- Experience with responsive designs (desktop, mobile, tablet
- Solid working knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or similar tools
- Comfort with ambiguity, change, and working in an agile manner
- Data-driven with a demonstrated knowledge of and experience using analytics and A/B testing to measure design outcomes
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally
- Able to work in San Francisco location
- WHEN YOU APPLY: please also submit a link to your portfolio displaying relevant design work. Your portfolio should represent your proven skills in conceptual and user interaction design.
Our company culture:
Our employees are driven, accountable, customer service oriented and excellent at what they do. We work hard, support each other and share a mission of being the best insurance technology platform out there. Exceeding expectations is our standard. We don’t pass the buck and we are BFFs with change because we can see its hidden opportunities. We aim to change the status quo for insurance shoppers. Our leaders are veterans in the insurance market. We grow from failing fast and learning from TONS of data so experimenting is encouraged. We value transparency, learning from each other and collaboration.
Not your typical perks:
Competitive salary & equity
Insurance benefits; medical, dental, vision, life, etc.
What YoGenerous education budget to pursue your career development
Regular team lunches in the office
Fun company outings (did someone say happy hour?)
In-office gaming sWhat pace (Rocket League anyone?)
Generous vacation policy plus recognized federal holidays