Senior Product Underwriter - Commercial
Want to be a part of an amazing team at the fastest growing digital insurance agency in the US? Join the CoverHound / CyberPolicy teams and help small to medium businesses nationwide compare and purchase the right commercial insurance for their specific business needs.
CoverHound’s goal is to exceed every customer's expectations when it comes to shopping for and purchasing the right insurance for themselves or for their business. We continue to grow nationally, because we hire and promote from within based on our shared drive to innovate and improve how P&C insurance can be compared and purchased.
Senior Underwriter - Commercial will function as the key resource for our insurance agents & associates for products, underwriting and industry knowledge. The position will assist in the sales process of more complex or larger premium accounts and assist in coaching and mentoring of staff. This role will also work with our Commercial Product & Carrier Management team to find efficiencies and provide guidance on the sales process along with any challenges the agents may be facing.
What You'll Be Working On
- Collaborate with Sales & Service Teams to answer any industry, underwriting, product or coverage questions.
- Assist in the sales process of larger and more complex risks.
- Spot auditing of accounts to ensure high underwriting & submission quality.
- Work with the Carrier Management Team and Commercial Product Teams to find efficiencies and provide feedback on potential challenges that the agents may be facing.
- Actively engage with our carrier partners to understand appetite and be a resource for market selection.
- Assist in training, coaching and mentorship of Sales and Service staff by providing feedback/suggestions to Training Team to meet Commercial training needs of our Operation teams.
What You Bring To The Team
- 4-6 years of Commercial Underwriting experience (Workers’ Compensation, Commercial Auto, General Liability & Property)
- Bachelor's Degree or CPCU
- Strong communication, relationship-management, and collaboration skills
- Property & Casualty License a plus
- Cyber insurance & Professional Lines Underwriting experience a plus
- Previous experience in training, coaching and mentoring experience a plus
What You Need To Succeed
- Service Oriented
- Always aims to please and exceed others' expectations and your own
- Communicates effectively & efficiently
- Accountable for actions or inactions
- Doesn't 'pass the buck' to others
- Focuses on 'positive' or on the 'opportunity'
- Puts the 'we' before the 'me' whenever appropriate
- Innovative & embraces 'change' to drive improvements
Our company culture:
Our employees are driven, accountable, customer service oriented and excellent at what they do. We work hard, support each other and share a mission of being the best insurance technology platform out there. Exceeding expectations is our standard. We don’t pass the buck and we are BFFs with change because we can see its hidden opportunities. We aim to change the status quo for insurance shoppers. Our leaders are veterans in the insurance market. We grow from failing fast and learning from TONS of data so experimenting is encouraged. We value transparency, learning from each other and collaboration.