Are you passionate about using the Rails stack to solve challenging consumer problems? Do you have what it takes to help scale an application through a period of high growth? CoverHound is changing the insurance market using Ruby on Rails, and we’d like you to be a part of it!
We're a small company doing big things in a huge market, and we’re looking for a few key engineers to help us grow. Company perks and benefits include competitive salary and equity, learning budget, health insurance, recruiting bonuses, and a central SF location.
- We know the insurance market well because we're founded by industry veterans.
- We believe in experimenting, failing fast and learning from data.
- We are open and transparent.
- We value learning and collaboration, for example we have bi-weekly catered tech lunches.
- We recently closed a $33MM series C round of funding. We’re growing fast!
- You are detail oriented and take pride in efficiently producing code in an agile environment.
- You are strong with Ruby on Rails and are seeking an opportunity to step up and grow your skills.
- You are eager to learn and to mentor, and will thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- You can deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
- 1+ years professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with SQL (preferably MySQL)
- Experience working in a consumer-facing startup preferred
OUR COMPANY CULTURE
Our employees are driven, accountable, customer service oriented and excellent at what they do. We work hard, support each other and share a mission of being the best insurance technology platform out there. Exceeding expectations is our standard. We don’t pass the buck and we are BFF’s with change because we can see it’s hidden opportunities.
Not your typical perks:
Competitive salary and equity
Insurance benefits; medical, dental, vision, life, etc.
Generous education budget, to pursue your career development
Regular team lunches in the office
Fun company outings (did someone say happy hour?)
In-office gaming space (Xbox, Ping-Pong...)
15 days paid vacation plus recognized federal holidays
We aim to change the status quo for insurance shoppers. Our founders are veterans in the insurance market. We grow from failing fast and learning from TONS of data so experimenting is encouraged. We value transparency, learning from each other and collaboration.