Corporate Trainer - Commercial Insurance
The Corporate Trainer’s role is to develop and lead a Commercial Insurance training/educational program to enhance the knowledge and efficiency of CoverHound Advisors. This person will be responsible for delivering new hire training, ongoing professional development and department specific needs as appropriate throughout the entire company.
What You'll Be Working On
- Collaborate with cross functional teams as well as our carrier partners to develop and implement training and development programs for all customer facing staff across Sales, On-boarding and Customer Service. Training delivery includes both live and virtual classroom environments
- Garner feedback from staff and stakeholders including team managers, Product, Marketing & Quality Assurance to identify training needs and to ensure course content, training methodologies, and training materials meet those needs. Create and maintain documentation to ensure consistency in delivery of training programs
- Organize internal education sessions including continuing education classes. Garner feedback from staff, team managers, Product & Quality Assurance teams on class topics that provide maximum benefit
- Develops tests and administers tools to measure effectiveness of training programs. Recommends improvements to the quality of training programs based on thorough analysis of training effectiveness
- Coordinate carrier training with our carrier partners. Identify and recommend carrier sponsored education opportunities that bring value to the Commercial team
- Maintain database of materials for ongoing access by staff to include training manuals, tips sheets, etc.
- Ensures program administration needs are met, including communications, scheduling, roster management, materials production, facilities coordination, participant tracking, etc.
- Support other training needs to meet regulatory compliance (e.g. Information Security) as needed
What You Need To Suceed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include advanced presentation/platform and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to engage audiences in learning topics and quickly and effectively respond to audience needs
- Strong work ethic
- Timely follow-up
- Team oriented
- Very detail oriented
What you Bring To The Team
- Minimum 5 years commercial insurance industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in a training & development
- Current Insurance Agent License required
- Cyber insurance knowledge a plus
- Strong knowledge of common e-Learning software applications; familiar with emerging e-Learning tools; Agency Management System Experience a plus
- Industry related certifications and College degree preferred
- Ability to multi-task with strong project management skills
Our company culture:
Our employees are driven, accountable, customer service oriented and excellent at what they do. We work hard, support each other and share a mission of being the best insurance technology platform out there. Exceeding expectations is our standard. We don’t pass the buck and we are BFFs with change because we can see its hidden opportunities. We aim to change the status quo for insurance shoppers. Our leaders are veterans in the insurance market. We grow from failing fast and learning from TONS of data so experimenting is encouraged. We value transparency, learning from each other and collaboration.
Not your typical perks:
Competitive salary & equity
Insurance benefits; medical, dental, vision, life, etc.
Generous education budget to pursue your career development
Regular team lunches in the office
Fun company outings (did someone say happy hour?)
In-office gaming space (Rocket League anyone?)
Generous vacation policy plus recognized federal holidays