Site Reliability Engineer
Remote - USA
Tech Delivery – Managed Services
An Alten Company, Cprime is a global consulting firm helping transforming businesses get in sync. Cprime is the partner of choice for Fortune 100 companies looking to achieve value and agility. We help visionary business leaders compose solutions, execute implementations, and exceed against business goals. With our key partnership recognitions, including Atlassian Platinum, AWS Advanced, and SAFe Gold partner, our industry-leading software and services work in synergy to deliver transformations.
As the largest Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner, Cprime is committed to helping our clients to best utilize their Atlassian products and tools, from assessment and design, to configuration, and all the way to enterprise scaling. Our team is made up of Atlassian and Agile certified experts who have combined technical and functional expertise and who can bridge both process and tools to build technology solutions. We are committed to growing and developing our talented people through learning opportunities, growth opportunities, and diverse projects.
We are looking for a high energy, experienced, tech savvy Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who will help support the team that manages our clients’ application hosting and support accounts. This position will report to the Director of Managed Services and work with a team of engineers and support staff to build out scalable and supportable solutions for our clients, assist the team with solving new problems and technical roadblocks, follow proper governance and procedures, and expand our practice.
The SRE is responsible for the following:
- Understand and help develop our managed hosting offering on AWS
- Working directly with clients to facilitate requests, address issues, speak to best practices, and implement changes to applications and infrastructure as needed
- Operating within a team working towards a set of KPIs and deliverables that ensure our clients are well supported and the solutions we sell are the best that they can be
- Work within our practice to standardize best practices, create highly scalable processes, and document detailed specifications
- Collaborate with solution architects on design and implementation of application system architectures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent, with more than 4 years of experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in AWS system administration and/or application support
- Solid technical understanding of the latest AWS services, and hands-on experience architecting solutions using EC2, RDS, EBS, S3, etc.
- Well versed in the Atlassian stack including JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat, Bamboo
- Proficient in functional, application, and infrastructure administration of Atlassian installations
- Familiarity and understanding of automation, with tools like Terraform, Ansible, and/or CloudFormation
- Passion for monitoring and experience with tools like Splunk, New Relic, and CloudWatch
- Ability to analyze and review current environments to determine potential areas of improvement
- AWS certification(s)
- History of managing support or helpdesk
- Familiarity with information security requirements and regulatory compliance such as SOC, PCI, HIPPA, etc.
- Proficiency with database technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL.
- Hands-on proficiency with implementation of DevOps (CI/CD) tools and solutions
- Knowledge of load and performance metrics and testing
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy what you do and a true love of technology to solve challenging problems
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills, including the ability to effectively communicate stakeholders and customers
- Strong work ethic with good time management, and the ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to manage multiple clients and deliverables at any given time through effective time-management and planning
- Strong executive presence, facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
Methods aren't built overnight. They're built in the day-to-day.
Cprime transforms businesses with consulting, managed services, and custom solutions that deliver performance. Agile, DevOps, Product, Tooling, Cloud in unison.
An Alten Company, Cprime is a global consulting firm that is both product focused and consultation focused. Cprime is the partner of choice for Fortune 100 companies looking to achieve value and agility. We help visionary business leaders compose solutions, execute implementations, and exceed against business goals. With our key partnership recognitions, including Atlassian Platinum, AWS Advanced, and SAFe Gold partner, our industry-leading software and services work in synergy to deliver transformations.
We operate in multiple locations across the US including the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, the Midwest, and Philadelphia, and a fast growing global footprint in India and Europe.
Who is a Cprimer?
We are dreamers and believers. We are the creatives and thinkers. Cprimers deliver!
PLAYFUL - We're not the stodgy types of yesteryear. We're professional...and playful.
STRUCTURED - We're structured in our thinking...But aren't afraid to shake things up.
INSIGHTFUL - We act deliberately...and react dynamically.
We're constantly on the move to find what's best for any situation.
We keep our skills sharp and knowledge sharper by learning new technologies and training according to the most recent standards.
More than just great engineers, we want to hire great people. We move fast, work hard, and play hard too so we want you to know our expectations up front:
· Smart, quick learner – we lead our industry and want to keep pushing
· Gets things done – efficient and organized
· We strive to make things better
· We’re a team – so everybody does the dishes, no lone rangers here
· Excited to work on projects with lots of unknowns and devise elegant and maintainable solutions