Sr. Full Stack Engineer - Growth
Austin, Texas /
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Craft is a supplier intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, among other company cohorts.
Our clients, including Fortune 100 companies, government and military agencies, SMEs, asset management groups, and others, use our technology for supply chain intelligence, market intelligence and related use cases, engaging in 5, 6 and 7-figure multi-year recurring revenue contracts. Through our modular, secure, customizable portal, our clients can monitor any company they are working with and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors including Greycroft, Uncork, High Alpha, ServiceNow Ventures, Sam Palmisano, Freddy Kerrest, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters in San Francisco and an office in London. We have team members across North America, Canada, and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team!
A Note to Candidates:
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, caste, or disability status.
About the Role:
Craft is seeking a motivated and skilled Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, with experience building integrated, scalable, and robust SaaS applications. While our customers love our current product, the majority of our product vision still needs to be built. This means that our software engineers have the unique opportunity to design and build fundamental features and infrastructure for business-critical internal tools to support our team and our software used by some of the largest companies in the world.
This role will focus on building a new internal tool to support our customer success team and internal stakeholders. This tool will be vital in allowing Craft to scale as a company. Tool functionality includes features to help maintain client accounts, manage user data and permissions, and offer analytics to help our team better support our clients.
The individual contributor in this role will work closely with the Product Director and Engineering Manager to scope the work and independently build functionality based on the growing needs of the company. As this role will need to work collaboratively across teams at Craft, individuals with strong communication skills and a desire for ownership are encouraged to apply.
Must reside in one of the preferred areas: Austin, TX, Dallas Fort Worth, TX, Houston, TX, and San Antonio, TX
What you will do:
- Work in small, empowered feature teams with teammates across Design, Product, and Data Engineers to drive complex features from start to finish.
- Work closely with designer to implement the best practice of UX/UI
- Have unlimited opportunity for taking ownership of features and areas with increasing scope, and for technical and leadership growth.
- Provide thoughtful, constructive code reviews in an environment of mentorship.
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices, and use metrics to measure change.
- Be encouraged to learn more about how a SaaS company works beyond engineering, to form stronger connections across disciplines, which ultimately leads to designing and building best-in-class products and services.
Who you are:
- AWS, Terraform, Hasura will be a great plus
- Knowledge in different js/css approaches
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo
- Have experience working with databases like Postgres or MongoDB
- Understanding in SSR
- Experience implementing complex software systems and services
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative
- Show curiosity through asking questions, digging into new technologies, and always trying to grow
- Must reside in one of the preferred areas
- Experience owning and leading a project or large feature from start to end
- Full-stack (not just backend or data)
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary starting at $160,000 USD/Year. This starting number can be increased based on levels of expertise, location, cost of living, taxes, market experience, etc.
- Equity at a well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Unlimited Vacation time so you can take what you need, when you need it
- 99% Covered Health + Dental + Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- 12 weeks of fully paid leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents
- 401K through Human Interest with options to invest how you want it
- $200 Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend (Gym memberships, meals, snacks, books, classes, conferences, etc.)
- $1,000 Workstation Allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
At Craft we value flexibility and innovation, as well as in-person interaction and team activities whenever possible. This is a remote role based on the East Coast. Although in-person attendance is not expected or required, team offsite meetings and collaboration are encouraged!