Sr. Data Engineer- Alerts
Seattle, Washington /
Engineering – Data Engineering /
Craft is a supplier intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, among other company cohorts.
Our clients, including Fortune 100 companies, government and military agencies, SMEs, asset management groups, and others, use our technology for supply chain intelligence, market intelligence and related use cases, engaging in 5, 6 and 7-figure multi-year recurring revenue contracts. Through our modular, secure, customizable portal, our clients can monitor any company they are working with and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors including Greycroft, Uncork, High Alpha, ServiceNow Ventures, Sam Palmisano, Freddy Kerrest, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters in San Francisco and an office in London. We have team members across North America, Canada, and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team!
A Note to Candidates:
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, caste, or disability status.
About the Role:
Craft is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Data Engineer to join the key team responsible for alerting customers of critical risks to their suppliers.
As a key member of the new Alerts team, you will be helping develop automated curated notifications to help companies make critical decisions. Example of what you’ll do include simplifying the overall architecture/process of alert imports and validation, helping data scientists to integrate their models, and further automating alerts classification.
What You'll Do:
- Building and optimizing data pipelines (batch & streaming) for big data systems.
- Extracting, Analyzing and Modeling of rich & diverse data sets.
- Applying Data mining to techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarization to extract value from our data sets.
- Designing software that is easily testable and maintainable
- Ensuring data analysis is in line with company policies and regulations.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Provide expertise on the overall data engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions
- Work on extendable data processing system that allows to add and scale pipelines with low-code approach
Who You Are:
- People that show curiosity through asking questions, digging into new technologies, and always trying to grow
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- Knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience using Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative.
- Have fundamental and deep knowledge of data engineering techniques: ETL (Batch & Streaming), Data Warehouse, Data Lakes, MPP
- Data analytical and statistical background would be a large plus
Our Tech Stack:
- AWS Services: S3, Batch, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis, Kafka, Redshift, RDS / Aurora Postgres, DynamoDB
- Data Pipelines: Python, SQL, Pandas, Dask, aws-data-wrangler, Papermill, Airflow, Prefect
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary starting at $160,000 USD/Year. This starting number can be increased based on levels of expertise, location, cost of living, taxes, market experience, etc.
- Equity at a well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Unlimited Vacation time so you can take what you need, when you need it
- 99% Covered Health + Dental + Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- 401K through Human Interest with options to invest how you want it
- $200 Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend (Gym memberships, meals, snacks, books, classes, conferences, etc.)
- $1,000 Workstation Allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
At Craft we value flexibility and innovation, as well as in-person interaction and team activities whenever possible. This is a remote role based in the Seattle area. Although in-person attendance is not expected or required, team offsite meetings and collaboration are encouraged!
We want you to have a great interviewing experience and see this as a conversation. To help you prepare, the outline typically (but subject to change) looks like:
Recruiter (20 min) - Non-technical phone call to discuss Craft, your background and answer questions.
Technical (90 min) - Video call covering data engineering topics. We don’t ask Leetcode-style brain teaser problems.
Hiring Manager (30 min) - Non-technical video call to do a deeper dive into your background, the role and opportunity.
Product Manager (30 min) - Video call covering product.