Sr. Data Engineer (Python) - Ops Efficiency
Engineering – Data Engineering /
Craft is the Supplier Resilience company, leveraging the most trusted, transparent and comprehensive data foundation to enable businesses to build stronger supplier networks and resilient supply chains. With Craft, organizations have real-time, multi-tier visibility to DISCOVER and strengthen supplier networks, AI-driven prioritized insights to proactively PROTECT from disruptions, and collaborative workflow tools to have better business outcomes and GROW suppliers into strategic partners – together forging more invincible supply chains. Craft enables procurement and supply chain professionals to confidently protect from regulatory violations, unethical acts, and unforeseen disruption while fueling sustainability, resilience and growth.
Craft is based in San Francisco, CA and services commercial and government organizations globally. We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors including Greycroft, Uncork, High Alpha, ServiceNow Ventures, Sam Palmisano, Freddy Kerrest, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters in San Francisco and an office in London. We have team members across North America, Canada, and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team!
A Note to Candidates:
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, caste, or disability status.
About the Role:
Craft is looking for an experienced and motivated Data Engineer to join our Ops Efficiency team responsible for a key product within the organization. The main focus of the OPS team is transforming Craft data (1st, 2nd and 3rd party, structured and unstructured) into usable insights using various data engineering and data science techniques. Also, the Ops Efficiency team works with internal projects, constantly improve them and support.
As a core member of the Ops Efficiency team, you will have a great say in how solutions are engineered and delivered. Craft gives engineers a lot of responsibility, which is matched by our investment in their growth and development. We are growing quickly, and the only limits to your future growth with Craft are your interests and abilities.
What You'll Do:
- Building and optimizing data pipelines (batch & streaming) for big data systems.
- Extracting, Analyzing and Modeling of rich & diverse data sets.
- Applying Data mining to techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression,
- classification, summarization to extract value from our data sets.
- Designing software that is easily testable and maintainable
- Ensuring data analysis is in line with company policies and regulations.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Keep track of emerging technologies & trends in the Data Engineering world, incorporating
- modern tooling and best practices at Craft.
- Work on extendable data processing system that allows to add and scale pipelines with low- code approach
Who You Are:
- People that show curiosity through asking questions, digging into new technologies, and always trying to grow
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- 5+ years of experience and deep knowledge of Python
- Knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Familiar with infrastructure-as-code approach (Terraform)
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative.
- Experience in mentoring data engineers and build technical team
- Have fundamental and deep knowledge of data engineering techniques: ETL (Batch & Streaming), DWH, Data Lakes, MPP
- Data analytical and statistical background would be a large plus
- AWS Services: S3, Batch, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis, Kafka, Redshift, RDS / Aurora Postgres, DynamoDB
- Data Pipelines: Python, SQL, Pandas, Dask, aws-data-wrangler, Papermill, Airflow, Prefect
Our current technology stack:
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary starting at $160,000 USD/Year. This starting number can be increased based on levels of expertise, location, cost of living, taxes, market experience, etc.
- Equity at a well-funded, fast-growing startup
- Unlimited Vacation time so you can take what you need, when you need it
- 99% Covered Health + Dental + Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- 12 weeks of fully paid leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents
- 401K through Human Interest with options to invest how you want it
- $200 Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend (Gym memberships, meals, snacks, books, classes, conferences, etc.)
- $1,000 Workstation Allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
At Craft we value flexibility and innovation, as well as in-person interaction and team activities whenever possible. This is a remote role based on the East Coast. Although in-person attendance is not expected or required, team offsite meetings and collaboration are encouraged!
We want you to have a great interviewing experience and see this as a conversation. To help you prepare, the outline typically (but subject to change) looks like:
Recruiter (20 min) - Non-technical phone call to discuss Craft, your background and answer questions
Take Home Assignment- This project is designed to evaluate your coding skills and problem-solving abilities
Hiring Manager (45 min) - video call to do a deeper dive into your background, the role and opportunity
Technical (90 min) - Video call covering Data Engineer topics
Executive (30 min) - Video call with one of our Engineering Executives