San Francisco, CA
Data is an integral part of Creative Market's decision-making process and learnings based culture. As a key member of Creative Market's Growth Team, you will you will help answer the question: How can we dramatically increase the number of people who buy and sell on Creative Market?
To become experts of our product, shops, affiliates, and customers. This expertise will ensure that we act on the most significant problems and opportunities, ultimately impacting how many people are buying and selling on Creative Market to the highest degree.
Drive Long-Term Impact
Bias Toward Action
Respect Thy User
Desired Personal Attributes
- Strong sense of purpose
- Desire to collaborate, listen, and receive feedback
- High integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Aggressive and competitive mentality, while maintaining the utmost respect for people
- Intellectually curious
- Lack of ego: you put the best interests of the company and the team above your own.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to develop a thorough understanding of Creative Market’s products, users, and acquisition channels.
- Run exploratory analysis uncover new areas of opportunity, generate hypotheses, and quickly assess the potential upside of a given opportunity.
- Help execute projects to drive insights that lead to customer, seller, and catalog growth.
- Work closely with marketing, design, product, support, and engineering to anticipate analytics needs and to quantify the impact of existing features, future product changes, and marketing campaigns.
- Work with data engineering to develop and implement new analytical tools and improve our underlying data infrastructure. Build tracking plans for new and existing products and work with engineering to ensure proper implementation.
- Analyze, forecast, and build custom reports to make key performance indicators and insights available to the entire company.
- Monitor, optimize, and report on marketing and growth metrics and split-test results. Make recommendations based on analytics and test findings.
- Drive optimization and data minded culture inside the company.
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into all key decision making.
- Effectively present and communicate analysis to the company to drive business decisions.
- Minimum 1-2 years of proven work experience in a data analyst role.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability; the ability to answer unstructured business questions and work independently to drive projects to conclusion.
- Strong analytical skills with the capacity to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience extracting insights using advanced SQL to work efficiently at scale. Advanced expertise with commonly used analytics tools including Google Analytics and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, this includes experimental design for optimization, statistical significance, confidence intervals and predictive analytics techniques.
- Must be self-directed, organized and detail oriented as well as have the ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Active team player, excellent communication skills, positive attitude and good work ethic.
- You come up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Experience with R, PHP, Python, Segment, Amplitude, and/or Looker.
- Experience working alongside product and data science teams.
- Experience working in a marketplace or e-commerce business.
- Experience working at a high-growth startup.
- BA or BS degree in a quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering.
- You may or may not have design skills, but you have an eye for beautiful design.
Location: San Francisco office strongly preferred. Remote positions also available in California, Washington, Colorado, Texas, New York, North Carolina, and Idaho.