Head of Engineering
SF Bay Area, CA /
Creator+ was formed in early 2021 by founders who have a long history in online video, tech, and working with talented storytellers around the world to bring their passion projects to life. We are building a new film studio and streaming platform to provide creators an opportunity to make feature length films, and a new immersive experience for their audiences. Creator+ recognizes today’s top creators are digital natives who have a keen understanding of how to acquire, retain and convert audiences with little to no paid marketing. What drives the creator’s fan base is the creator’s gift for storytelling.
The Head of Engineering is a key member of the company’s leadership team. They will oversee the strategy and execution of all technology development for the company across Mobile Apps, Web, Web3, OTT and the backend platforms. The engineering scope includes a media streaming platform, an ecommerce function, unique product drops/experiences for each film we produce, and nascent Web3 components. The mission of the company requires engineering leadership able to partner and drive numerous pioneering aspects of our business - as we innovate across the featured talent we engage and empower, the economic model, and the audience experience. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader who has built and managed high performing teams, developed new products, launched and scaled consumer platforms and experiences, and who excels in a startup & small company environment.
This position reports to the CEO and will manage developers and QA in all locations. Our offices are in L.A and SF Bay Area.
- 10+ years in consumer-facing technology development, including several years in startup environments
- 5+ years of experience in engineering team management - across team(s) of at least 8+ developers
- Experience leading the vision and execution of technology roadmap across:
- Consumer entertainment products
- Mobile app development (especially react native)
- Streaming media
- Appetite to dive in to the world of Web3 and blockchain related project development
- Successful track record of launching and scaling a consumer platform with eCommerce.
Preferred Experience - Additional Details:
- Technology development expertise in consumer facing entertainment platforms and/or gaming, ideally:
- Rapid iterative development cycles
- User acquisition flow testing and optimization
- All aspects of eCommerce from best practices to platform integration
- Media asset handling and delivery, e.g. formats, ingest, transcoding, performance
- Proven success in startup and small company environments:
- Hiring, managing, and mentoring a growing team that is both local and remote
- Collaborative, positive attitude, prone towards action and decisiveness
- Willing to roll up sleeves and lead by example, starting with an initial team of 5-10 that is poised to grow rapidly
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Collaborative instincts to work closely with Product, Content Studio, Marketing and Co-Founders
- Technology stack experience and expertise in these areas
- React native and React web experience
- Strong experience with payment platforms including stripe, apple pay, google pay, etc
- Experience with event logging and CRM platforms
- Experience with video streaming client and server stacks
- International experience
- Launching / expanding platforms and products across key growth regions, including cultural, language, and logistical execution and remote/distributed team management
- Data handling and storage and compliance requirements internationally
At Creator+ we are committed to championing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to come as you are. Creator+ has adopted an Inclusion Policy which sets rigorous standards and targets for hiring qualified individuals from under-represented and historically excluded backgrounds and prohibits discrimination or harassment against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Creator+ also complies with and the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.