Head of Product
SF Bay Area, CA /
Creator+ was formed in early 2021 by founders who have a long history in online video, tech, and working with talented storytellers around the world to bring their passion projects to life. We are building a new film studio and streaming platform to provide creators an opportunity to make feature length films, and a new immersive experience for their audiences. Creator+ recognizes today’s top creators are digital natives who have a keen understanding of how to acquire, retain and convert audiences with little to no paid marketing. What drives the creator’s fan base is the creator’s gift for storytelling.
The Creator+ Head of Product is responsible for driving the user experience, feature set, platform, community, monetization engine, Creator backend tools and dashboard and Web3 strategy. Your goal is to surprise and delight our consumers and Creators every step of the way, and drive the overall success of our brand and business. This demands high level strategic business thinking combined with seasoned team leadership and execution. You will own and drive the holistic user experience and feature set across our platform - Web, Mobile and OTT. You will work closely w/ marketing on the full life cycle of consumer touchpoints and journey and drive innovative product development across content, commerce, and community. You will partner with engineering, content studio, design, marketing, and corporate development.
This position reports to the CEO and will manage the product and design team in all locations. Our offices are in L.A and SF Bay Area.
Required experience and background:
- 3+ years leading Product Management on a video platform (SVOD, AVOD, or PVOD)
- 10+ years total building and leading product management teams in consumer technology focused on media/entertainment, gaming, social networking.
- P&L ownership at product, group, or division level
- Passion for consumer entertainment and new media models and innovation
- Technical fluency and proven successful collaboration with engineering teams
- Strategic leadership setting vision and defining and championing a product road map
- Success in being driven by user feedback - building processes to capture input and feedback from target audience in an ongoing basis that plays a major role in product development
- Track record of shipping product at high quality in a rapid, iterative process
- 10+ years of experience with data and analytics in various capacities: defining objectives and requirements, overseeing build and evolution, combining data from multiple sources such as BI platform/event tracking, customer support, and user testing, and ability to distill insights and stories from all data and translate that into prioritized actions.
- Appetite to dive in to the world of Web3 and blockchain related product development
- Experience in early stage, small companies that are growing rapidly
Preferred Experience - Additional Details:
- Product development expertise in consumer facing entertainment platforms and/or gaming, ideally:
- Rapid iterative development cycles
- Testing and optimization of user acquisition, retention and monetization
- All aspects of eCommerce from best practices to platform integration
- Mastery of tracking competitive landscape
- Community development
- Proven success in engaging and growing a large scale community for a product, brand, or movement.
- Community building experience in a wide variety of areas including: strategic and user acquisition partnerships, functionality and UX that drive engagement and evangelism.
- Proven success in startup and small company environments:
- Hiring, managing, and mentoring a growing team that is both local and remote
- Collaborative, positive attitude, prone towards action and decisiveness
- Willing to roll up sleeves and lead by example
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- International experience
- Launching / expanding platforms and products across key growth regions, including cultural, language, and logistical execution and remote/distributed team management
- Data handling and storage and compliance requirements internationally
At Creator+ we are committed to championing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to come as you are. Creator+ has adopted an Inclusion Policy which sets rigorous standards and targets for hiring qualified individuals from under-represented and historically excluded backgrounds and prohibits discrimination or harassment against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Creator+ also complies with and the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.