Staff Security Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC /
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Your unique mission as a Sr Security Incident Analyst working in the Credit Karma SOC is to mine a deep data set of security event information for useful signals and feed the results into automated actions and infrastructure changes.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do:
- Primary duty is detecting and responding to security events and incidents
- Incident Response activities will include, but are not limited to, triaging security events, network and endpoint forensic analysis, malware reverse engineering, threat hunting, vulnerability escalation, and resolving security incidents from detection to remediation
- Mentor and serve as an escalation point for security analysts in Credit Karma's SOC/IR team.
- Prepare incident reports for a mixed technical and non-technical audiences
- Engage with partners in engineering, IT, and operations to respond to and remediate events
- Creates and implements standard operating procedures and processes to help streamline investigations, daily monitoring and analysis research to ensure all analysts are effective
- Identify opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to create more visibility or defend key points of attack
- Mine open data sources to identify potential cyber threats, targets of interest, and timeframes for attack
- Carry out threat hunting campaigns and missions
- Shift rotation is part of this role as it is a 24x7 team
What's great about the role:
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
Minimum basic requirements:
- 5+ years experience in working in cyber security operations (CSOC, SOC, CIRT, CSIRT) enterprise environment
- Understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain framework and Diamond Model for intrusion analysis
- Basic understanding of APT, Cyber Crime and other associated tactics
- Experience with current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques and procedures used to exploit computer networks
- Experience with the Network Security Monitoring (NSM) methodologies
- Experience with endpoint detection and response (EDR) suites (CrowdStrike, McAfee EPO, OSSEC, Yara, MIR, CarbonBlack, Tanium, OSquery etc.)
- Experience with host-centric tools for forensic collection and analysis (SleuthKit, Volatility Framework, FTK, Encase, etc.)
- Experience with Network Forensics and/or Network Security Monitoring (NSM) tools (Suricata, Snort, Zeek/Bro, Wireshark, etc.) and analysis techniques (alert, flow/session and PCAP analysis)
- Experience with all-source intelligence analysis researching data from multiple intelligence sources and databases and analyzing findings
- Experience with languages such as; Python, Java, Scala, PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- Experience with SAAS, PAAS, IAAS, public and private cloud technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- A fun and positive attitude!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.