Software Engineer - Penny Team
San Francisco, CA
What we’re building
Credit Karma’s mission is to make financial progress accessible to everyone. To deliver on that, we’re building tools that cut through the complexity and stress of managing your finances. It started with free credit scores and now includes everything from free ID monitoring to free tax filings.
As part of that expansion, Credit Karma acquired Penny in March 2018. Now, the team’s goal is to have empathetic, nuanced conversations with Credit Karma’s 80 million members through a conversational UI. Those conversations are evolving rapidly, but have a common theme of helping people understand their finances and taking steps to improve their financial health.
Who we are
- Our engineering team is made up of six full stack, multi-faceted engineers. We also work with a team of talented designers, product managers and writers that each contribute their own expertise to the effort.
Who we’re looking for
- We’re looking for someone that wants to become the seventh member of our engineering team. We expect them to have at least four years of engineering experience. We don’t have hard requirements on skills and experience beyond that, but we do have some nice-to-haves.
- React & JS
- Relational databases
- Working on consumer-focused products
- Writing robust software that works at scale
- Building services in a distributed environment
Relevant software skills:
What to do if you don’t meet the criteria
- You can still reach out to us. Passion makes up for a lot.
What we value
- Diversity (of background, opinion, culture, etc.)
We’d be happy to elaborate on each over coffee.
What you’ll get
- Smart teammates that push you to be better
- Challenging—but extremely rewarding—work
- A healthy work-life balance (and we mean it!)
- All the perks you’d expect from a large, profitable startup
How to apply
- 1. Click Apply Now and then share a bit about why you’re interested in the Penny team under the Additional Information section.
- 2. Complete a short take-home questionnaire.
- 3. Meet a team member for coffee or tea.
- 4. Come onsite to interview with the team and discuss a potential offer.
- 5. Celebrate!
Since we’re still a small team at heart, we can move at whatever pace you’d like. If you’re in a hurry, we can get through those steps quickly. If you want to take your time, we can make that work as well. Either way, we hope to hear from you!