Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
As a Senior Data Engineer on the Analytics Systems team, you’ll work with a talented team of engineers to improve Credit Karma’s data pipeline that powers our recommendation systems, enterprise tools, and data warehousing. You’ll help to build a general, secure, scalable, fast, and high throughput data pipeline to process many terabytes of data a day.
We are very passionate about performance, correctness, and data quality. The team spends their time day to day developing new pipelines or features that make it seamless for data to be moved throughout our infrastructure.This includes working with cutting edge tools such as Scala, Kafka, Spark, Akka and Google Cloud. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment where everyone can have their say while still being able to set and hit deadlines, then this is the role for you.
- Work with analysts and data scientists to define processes and standards to inform system design, transform their needs into streaming or batch processing
- Design infrastructure and systems to scale easily as data ingest grows
- Implement new data pipeline features with verified high quality from unit test coverage and production monitoring
- Focus on data quality! Detect data/analytics quality issues and implement bug fixes and data validation for prevention
- Help understand our day to day operations for continuous improvement of production systems
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience with Scala/Java, Spark, Kafka, or demonstrated ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Fundamental knowledge about databases and strong SQL skills
- Familiar with Google Cloud ecosystem such as BigQuery, GCS, DataProc, etc
- Enjoys working collaboratively; CK’s values include empathy and helpfulness
- Able to estimate and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience working with cloud technologies
- Experience scaling data throughput or building low latency streaming pipelines
- Experience solving for data quality
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!