Tax Product Specialist - Charlotte, NC
Charlotte, NC /
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
We are seeking a full-time Tax Product Specialist in our Charlotte, NC office, focused on our self-service tax filing product. You will work with engineering to keep the tax software up to date with the most recent tax law changes and to bring product designs to reality, making sure the product is implemented accurately and handles all supported scenarios. You will test the product for behavior and accuracy, and help to resolve product-related issues identified by our members. This position is ideal for a seasoned tax product specialist or tax analyst looking for an opportunity to influence and improve a tax product that is accessed by millions of users, as part of a rapidly growing software company.
* Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You Get To Do:
- Review calculations and software functionality to ensure filing requirements are accurately reflected
- Research and analyze current tax laws, forms and instructions
- Create requirements to ensure the product is compliantEnsure the accuracy of calculations and forms through regression testing
- Work with engineering make sure requirements are implemented accurately
- Test the product to ensure accuracy and consumer friendliness
- Review help and editorial articles to ensure tax requirements are accurately reflected
- Answer questions from stakeholders about the tax code, including “what if’s” that arise during design and development
What We Expect:
- 2 or 4 year degree required in Accounting or similar field
- 3+ years as a tax analyst or specialist at a tax software company (or similar experience)
- Experience with creating regression test scenarios
- Advanced tax knowledge in one or more complex areas is required
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Methodical, highly organized and detail-oriented, working with a high level of accuracy
- Some level of programming skills may be required or the technical aptitude to learn (experience in analyzing code is a plus)
- Ability to translate tax law and form/instruction changes into mathematical models
- Demonstrated collaboration skills showing you can work with others to achieve effective implementation
- Experience working within a software development team using agile development is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.