Senior Data Science Manager
Mountain View or San Francisco
Engineering – Data Science
Credit Sesame is the nation’s only full-lifecycle credit management service that helps consumers achieve financial wellness. Since 2010, we’ve helped millions improve their financial health, at no cost to them, by offering the best tools possible to access, understand, use, and protect their credit so they can lead better lives.
We are a fast-growing, nimble startup, and we succeed only because of our amazing teammates and our strong, positive culture.
Credit Sesame is looking for a Senior Data Science Manager to lead our rapidly-growing team of data scientists. Since a substantial amount of your time will be spent solving business problems through data, you will play a vital role in the growth of our organization.
- analyzing large sets of data and gleaning actionable insights that drive product decisions;
- scaling, leading, and running a premier data science team that drives tangible business impact through meaningful insights and innovation;
- setting focus, strategy, and priorities for your team that both influence and impact the organization;
- using predictive modeling techniques to improve our product recommendation engine;
- working closely with cross-functional teams composed of product managers and engineers;
- establishing best practices and modeling the life-cycle management processes;
- serving as a champion of sound decision making at all levels of the company;
- you have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative field of study.
You’ll make an impact because...
- you have experience growing and leading a Data Science team, along with serving as a thought leader to other data scientists;
- you have strong experience with statistical models, feature engineering, and algorithmic modeling;
- you have proven experience building models for production and have a live model currently in production;
- you’re strong in SQL, Python, and related statistical analysis tools;
- you’re hands-on and excited about dedicating a large percentage of your time to both building models and mentoring others who are doing so as well;
- you have proven experience in model lifecycle management;
- you have the ability to convey information clearly and simply, so you’re easily understood and things get done;
- you have strong project- and time-management skills;
- you thrive in a dynamic startup environment.
You’ll love working with us because...
- we pioneered the Personal Credit Management space;
- you will have huge potential to grow with a dynamic startup that’s a category leader;
- we have an amazing company culture with the best coworkers in the Bay Area;
- you will get equity in a leading startup that is backed by top VCs, along with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance;
- we have meals catered twice a week;
- we offer both free on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- we have fully-stocked kitchens with tasty snacks and drinks;
- we have open paid time off—take the time off you need so you’re happy and healthy;
- we are only a block from the Montgomery Street BART;
- you can work in either our San Francisco or our Mountain View office;
- we are an equal opportunity employer.
Credit Sesame is on Key Values — visit our page to learn more about day-to-day life at Credit Sesame!: https://www.keyvalues.com/credit-sesame