Senior Data Analyst
Mountain View or San Francisco
Analytics – Data Analyst
At Credit Sesame, we believe that every person has the right to improve their credit health. We want to empower our members to control their financial futures, and we want them to be energized about it. When you join Credit Sesame, you become part of a team devoted to helping people take charge of their credit so they can lead better lives.
We’re looking for Senior Data Analyst who can help lead business intelligence efforts and grow our Analytics team by generating data-driven insights to inform our core business strategies. If you have a curious nature and want to use the power of data to help millions improve their credit wellness, then this opportunity is for you!
You’ll make an impact by…
- mining data from large SQL databases;
- building models that lead to better insights and business understanding;
- designing and maintaining reports and dashboards to track Credit Sesame’s goals;
- assuring data quality and data integrity for revenue and business development;
- partnering with data source owners to develop project plans;
- producing creative insights beyond the scope of supporting reactive requests;
- mentoring junior team members;
- reporting to the Vice President of Data Science and Analytics.
You’re a great fit for our team because…
- you’re accomplished in statistics, econometrics, and data science, and you have the experience and education to back it up;
- you have a command of machine learning techniques and tools (K-means, Naïve Bayes, SVM, etc.), and you’re familiar with lifting model performance to get world-class results;
- you’re comfortable analyzing large datasets and interpreting data flow diagrams;
- you can use Python and R to analyze and solve complex problems;
- you know how to produce SQL queries, and you have enough mastery to design useful databases;
- you have the perseverance and passion to uncover meaningful insights;
- you’re excited about the potential FinTech has to change the traditional delivery of finance services;
- you have a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field or equivalent;
- you have a Master’s degree in a quantitative field of study (preferred);
- you have an e-commerce or technology background (preferred).
You’ll love it here because…
- you‘ll have huge potential to grow with a company that’s a category leader;
- you’ll have equity in a pre-IPO company backed by top VCs;
- we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance with many plan options;
- we have team meals catered twice a week;
- you can stay on top of your fitness goals with our on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- you can fuel up at our stocked kitchens with endless snacks and drinks;
- we value EQ over IQ and prioritize work-life balance (read more about Credit Sesame’s Key Values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/credit-sesame)
You could work out of our San Francisco or our Mountain View office—you decide!
Our San Francisco office is 1 block from the Montgomery Street BART station and within walking distance of world-famous restaurants and attractions such as the Ferry Building, Union Square, and North Beach.
Our Mountain View office is located within walking distance of the Caltrain station and in the heart of downtown Mountain View with great cafes, restaurants, and shops.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.