Back-end Java Software Engineer
Mountain View or San Francisco
Engineering – Development
At Credit Sesame, we believe every person should feel creditworthy. That’s why empowering members to own their credit is our number one mission. Since 2009, we’ve been helping millions of members improve their credit scores, lower the cost of their credit, and save money. When you join Credit Sesame, you become part of a team devoted to helping people take charge of their credit so they can live better lives.
Reporting to our Service Team Engineer Lead, the Back-end Engineer will design the back-end infrastructure that power all Credit Sesame user applications. Are you excited to partner with our teams to solve our thorniest engineering challenges to give our Members outstanding products. If so, this role is for you!
- develop and scale RESTful APIs;
- you'll use Kinesis and Firebase to power our member notifications;
- use Redis to improve performance;
- write efficient mySQL queries;
- develop and thoroughly test code for the most challenging aspects of the product or its sub-systems;
- collaborate with other tech teams and architects.
You’re a great fit for our team because...
- you're proficient Java 8 (bonus points for Java 11);
- you know how to develop RESTful APIs;
- you've worked with Spring or Spring Boot;
- you have a solid understanding of relational databases with meaningful MySQL experience;
- you have used testing frameworks such as JUnit or testNG;
- you're familiar with Redis and its data structures;
- you have experience with Google Firebase experience (preferred).
- you’ve worked with Git or other distributed version control;
- you're familiar with Jenkins and Maven (preferred);
- you have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
You’ll love it here because...
- you‘ll have huge potential to grow with a company that’s a category leader;
- you’ll have equity in a pre-IPO company backed by top VCs;
- we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance with many plan options;
- we have three days in-house catering and two day lunch gift card options;
- you can stay on top of your fitness goals with our on-site fitness centers;
- we offer monthly fitness, phone and internet reimbursement;
- you can fuel up at our stocked kitchens with endless snacks and drinks;
- we value EQ over IQ and prioritize work-life balance (read more about Credit Sesame’s Key Values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/credit-sesame)
You could work out of our San Francisco or our Mountain View office—you decide!
Our San Francisco office is 1 block from the Montgomery Street BART station and within walking distance of world-famous restaurants and attractions such as the Ferry Building, Union Square, and North Beach.
Our Mountain View office is located within walking distance of the Caltrain station and in the heart of downtown Mountain View with great cafes, restaurants, and shops.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.