Mountain View or San Francisco
Engineering – Information Technology
At Credit Sesame, we believe every person should feel creditworthy. That’s why empowering members to own their credit is our number one mission. Since 2009, we’ve been helping millions of members improve their credit scores, lower the cost of their credit, and save money. When you join Credit Sesame, you become part of a team devoted to helping people take charge of their credit so they can live better lives.
As we look to double in size in 2020, we are in search of a Systems Engineer to join our Engineering Team. This person will report to our Senior IT Manager to help scale our internal platforms and processes to facilitate our expected growth in the coming year. We are looking for an innovative and collaborative contributor to help our current teams work seamlessly and effectively across all functions.
- build, scale, secure and provide support for a Ubuntu Linux-based infrastructure that includes corporate, development and production environments;
- manage virtualized and AWS cloud-based infrastructure;
- assess and monitor the infrastructure for bottlenecks, failures, and health;
- resolve issues (e.g., storage, connectivity) as a hands-on engineer;
- use automation and scripting to streamline processes so they scale effectively;
- work closely with the DevOps team to provide configuration management support on Ansible, Docker, and VMs;
- contribute to the growth and development of the Engineering Team;
- participate in on-call rotation.
You’re a great fit for our team because...
- you have solid experience with building and managing AWS cloud infrastructure;
- you have deep experience installing, troubleshooting, configuring & scaling Linux systems;
- you have hands-on experience with scripting and automation (e.g., BASH, Python, Perl, Awk, Ansible);
- you are experienced in Ubuntu Linux and network administration in a CLI environment;
- you are familiar with networking devices commonly found in rapidly scaling environments (e.g., Cisco or Juniper routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs);
- you are familiar with LDAP, VMware, Active Directory, Apache, Nginx, BIND, Git;
- you have the ability to install and manage Zabbix and ELK monitoring tools;have supported MySQL databases;
- you have both a thirst for technical knowledge and eagerness to share your insights with the team;
- you have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
You’ll love it here because...
- we pioneered the Personal Credit Management space;
- you will have huge potential to grow with a dynamic startup that’s a category leader;
- we have an amazing company culture with the best coworkers in the Bay Area;
- you will get equity in a leading startup that is backed by top VCs, along with comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance;
- we have meals catered 5 times a week;Both offices are equipped with fitness centers;
- we have fully-stocked kitchens with tasty snacks and drinks;
- we have open paid time off—take the time off you need so you’re happy and healthy;
- we are only a block from the Montgomery Street BART;
- you can work in either our San Francisco or our Mountain View office;
- we are an equal opportunity employer.
You could work out of our San Francisco or our Mountain View office—you decide!
Our San Francisco office is 1 block from the Montgomery Street BART station and within walking distance of world-famous restaurants and attractions such as the Ferry Building, Union Square, and North Beach.
Our Mountain View office is located within walking distance of the Caltrain station and in the heart of downtown Mountain View with great cafes, restaurants, and shops.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.