Senior Data Architect Engineer
Mountain View or San Francisco
Engineering – Development
At Credit Sesame, we believe every person should feel creditworthy. That’s why empowering members to own their credit is our number one mission. Since 2009, we’ve been helping millions of members improve their credit scores, lower the cost of their credit, and save money. When you join Credit Sesame, you become part of a team devoted to helping people take charge of their credit so they can live better lives.
Reporting to our Lead Data Architect, you'll manage and be the architect of Credit Sesame's data warehouse. Are you interested in designing the data warehouse to help our members have the best products to take charge of their credit? If so, this role is for you!
- design the data warehouse in a massively parallel processing (MPP) platform;
- build data governance framework for our Master Data;
- map the flow of data across Credit Sesame products and third-party systems;
- work with data source owners to improve data quality and processes;
- collaborate with other teams to improve their productivity by using data more effectively.
You’re a great fit for our team because...
- you understand of database structures and MPP platforms;
- you've designed schemas, data object models, and data flow diagrams;
- you're experienced with running SQL queries and can improve database performance;
- you've worked in cloud computing and distributed data environments;
- you've analyzed and remedied issues with data quality;
- you understand the importance of data quality, metadata management, taxonomy;
- and (for bonus points!) you've developed a data governance framework and standardized data vocabulary.
You’ll love it here because...
- you‘ll have huge potential to grow with a company that’s a category leader;
- you’ll have equity in a pre-IPO company backed by top VCs;
- we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance with many plan options;
- we have team meals catered twice a week;
- you can stay on top of your fitness goals with our on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- you can fuel up at our stocked kitchens with endless snacks and drinks;
- we value EQ over IQ and prioritize work-life balance (read more about Credit Sesame’s Key Values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/credit-sesame)
You could work out of our San Francisco or our Mountain View office—you decide!
Our San Francisco office is 1 block from the Montgomery Street BART station and within walking distance of world-famous restaurants and attractions such as the Ferry Building, Union Square, and North Beach.
Our Mountain View office is located within walking distance of the Caltrain station and in the heart of downtown Mountain View with great cafes, restaurants, and shops.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.