Mountain View or San Francisco
Analytics – Data Analyst
At Credit Sesame, we believe every person should feel creditworthy. That’s why empowering members to own their credit is our number one mission. Since 2009, we’ve been helping millions of members improve their credit scores, lower the cost of their credit, and save money. When you join Credit Sesame, you become part of a team devoted to helping people take charge of their credit so they can live better lives.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist who can help support product development. If you’re curious, have the grit to solve tough analytical problems, and want to be part of a team that helps create innovative products so millions can improve their credit wellness, then this opportunity is for you.
- mine data from large SQL databases;
- build models that lead to better insights and business understanding;
- design and maintain reports and dashboards to track and communicate Credit Sesame’s goals;
- assure quality and data integrity for revenue and business development;
- interact with data source owners and participating in developing project plans;
- provide creative insights beyond the scope of supporting reactive requests.
You’re a great fit for our team because…
- you have 2+ years of experience in data analytics;
- you have an expertise in statistics, econometrics, and data science—shown through experience or education;
- you have a command of machine learning concepts and tools, including improving model performance;
- you have deep experience analyzing large data sets, along with experience in creating data flow graphs;
- you know how to use Python and R to analyze and solve highly complex business problems;
- you have a deep understanding of SQL;
- you have the adaptability and agility needed in a high-growth, startup environment;
- you have an eCommerce background (preferred but not required);
- you have past experience in financial services or technology, and a passion for FinTech;
- ideally, you have a Master’s degree in a quantitative field of study.
You’ll love it here because…
- you‘ll have huge potential to grow with a company that’s a category leader;
- you’ll have equity in a pre-IPO company backed by top VCs;
- we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance with many plan options;
- we have team meals catered twice a week;
- you can stay on top of your fitness goals with our on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- you can fuel up at our stocked kitchens with endless snacks and drinks;
- we value EQ over IQ and prioritize work-life balance (read more about Credit Sesame’s Key Values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/credit-sesame)
You could work out of our San Francisco or our Mountain View office—you decide!
Our San Francisco office is 1 block from the Montgomery Street BART station and within walking distance of world-famous restaurants and attractions such as the Ferry Building, Union Square, and North Beach.
Our Mountain View office is located within walking distance of the Caltrain station and in the heart of downtown Mountain View with great cafes, restaurants, and shops.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.