Full Stack Software Engineer
Mountain View or San Francisco
Engineering – Development
At Credit Sesame, we believe every person should feel creditworthy. That’s why empowering members to own their credit is our number one mission. Since 2009, we’ve been helping millions of members improve their credit scores, lower the cost of their credit, and save money. When you join Credit Sesame, you become part of a team devoted to helping people take charge of their credit so they can live better lives.
Reporting to our Engineering Lead, Credit Sesame's new Full-stack Engineer will help build our next-generation web portal and tools. Are you comfortable with both design and coding? Do you enjoy working with diverse teams, including product managers and designers? Are you passionate about bringing together design and technology to create experiences that delight our users? If so, this role is for you!
- develop product features;
- work closely with partners to build applications used by both internal and external parties;
- collaborate with other technology teams and architects;
- foster a culture of ownership, measurement, and testing.
You’re a great fit for our team because...
- you thoroughly understand computer science fundamentals;
- you have a solid understanding of relational databases with meaningful MySQL experience;
- you understand how to develop RESTful APIs;
- you're comfortable in Linux environments;
- you’ve worked with Git, Jenkins, Maven, or Ant build scripts;
- you’ve used testing frameworks such as JUnit, testNG, JMeter, or others;
- you have at least a few years of engineering experience with full-stack exposure. Bonus points if worked with any automation enabled products, or if you've worked with any financial products!
- you have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent;
- ideally, you've led a team.
You’ll love it here because…
- you‘ll have huge potential to grow with a company that’s a category leader;
- you’ll have equity in a pre-IPO company backed by top VCs;
- we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance with many plan options;
- we have team meals catered twice a week;
- you can stay on top of your fitness goals with our on-site fitness centers and a monthly fitness reimbursement;
- you can fuel up at our stocked kitchens with endless snacks and drinks;
- we value EQ over IQ and prioritize work-life balance (read more about Credit Sesame’s Key Values here: https://www.keyvalues.com/credit-sesame)
You could work out of our San Francisco or our Mountain View office—you decide!
Our San Francisco office is 1 block from the Montgomery Street BART station and within walking distance of world-famous restaurants and attractions such as the Ferry Building, Union Square, and North Beach.
Our Mountain View office is located within walking distance of the Caltrain station and in the heart of downtown Mountain View with great cafes, restaurants, and shops.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.