CRED is a fast-growing startup helping individuals and companies to reach their full potential. We use data and intelligence to power footballers, football clubs, brands and other individuals and organisations within the sports space, enabling them to accelerate their financial, commercial and sporting development.
The Engineering team at CRED is looking for a savvy Data Scientist to join our growing team of analytics experts. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
You are adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Bachelor degree in STEM field, especially software engineering, computer science, machine learning, or statistics related
- Experience using statistical computer languages such as R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience with data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Graduate degree in STEM field, especially software engineering, computer science, machine learning, or statistics related
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience with a distributed team / remote work
- Passion for sports especially soccer / football
CRED is a fast-growing startup working on an important mission to help individuals and companies achieve their full potential. CRED has an innovative working culture and teams spanned across the world with team members in London, Europe, India, Toronto, New York, and many more places.
We believe the best experiences come from a customer centric approach. We believe in flexibility and allow remote work.
Our work ethic relies on six core values: Transparency, Directness, Learning, Collaboration, Responsibility, and Continuous Learning.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.