Software Engineer (ML/NLP) (Toronto)
Toronto (Remote) /
Who are we?
Are you interested in defining how Generative AI will shape the future of work?
We are a Silicon Valley Series C startup, spun out of the Stanford AI lab and are co-founded by Sebastian Thrun, co-founder and CEO of Google-X, Waymo, Udacity, Kitty Hawk, and more. Cresta launched in 2020. Since then, we’ve grown revenue and our team by 300% and became officially a Unicorn. We’ve assembled a world-class team of AI and ML experts, go-to-market leaders, top-tier investors, and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, and former AT&T CEO John Donovan. Our valued customers include brands like Intuit, Porsche, Holiday Inn, and Dropbox and we have been recognized as a startup to watch by Business Insider, Forbes, and Gartner to name a few.
We are growing our engineering team in Toronto. Join us to develop great products in an exceptional strong team.
Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster, and 10x better. We apply AI to improve Call Center operations using our patented real-time coaching platform. We provide dynamic, live guidance to every agent based on the best practices of the top performers.
As an ML software engineer, you will join the a team full of talented experts in frontend, backend, and ML/NLP. We have an in-house product for call analysis, building, evaluating, and deploying conversational AI models, and have labelers and analysts available. We work on a variety of ML problems, including but not limited to text generation, classification, summarization, etc. Our team leverages the latest in cutting edge LLM and GPT technologies to enable a truly market differentiated product suite.
You will join a collaborative but highly autonomous working environment in which each member has a defined role with clear expectations, as well as the freedom to pursue individual projects.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to understand, define, and detail product requirements, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Design, prototype, and validate ML/NLP models to solve challenging cutting-edge problems, using state-of-the-art techniques (including LLM and ChatGPT!) and best practices.
- Work with our production teams to build and deploy scalable, high-performing, and reliable ML/NLP pipelines and systems that operate 24x7.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our ML productivity, by identifying and leveraging opportunities for automation, data improvements, code optimization, and process enhancements.
- Help shape the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at Cresta.
What we look for:
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development, with a strong focus on machine learning and natural language processing.
- Proven hands-on experience in developing, deploying, and maintaining ML/NLP models and pipelines.
- Expertise in programming languages such as Python, Go and ML/NLP libraries such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Transformers.
- Solid understanding of software development principles, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Experience with LLMs is a plus.
- Experience with model optimization is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills.