Full-Stack Software Engineer (Berlin)
R & D Teams – Engineering /
Are you interested in defining how AI shapes the future of work? Cresta is on a mission to make every knowledge worker 100x as effective, 10x faster, and 10x better. We apply AI to improve Call Center operations with our real-time agent assist product as well as our suite of post-call analytics and coaching.
We are a Silicon Valley company, spun out of the Stanford AI lab and are co-founded by Sebastian Thrun, who is the most successful German in Silicon Valley (co-founder and CEO of Google-X, Waymo, Udacity, Kitty Hawk, and more). Cresta launched in 2020. Since then, we’ve grown revenue and our team by 300%. We’ve assembled a world-class team of AI and ML experts, go-to-market leaders, top-tier investors, and advisors including Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and former AT&T CEO John Donovan. Our valued customers include brands like Intuit, Porsche, and Verizon and we have been recognized as a startup to watch by Business Insider, Forbes, and Gartner to name a few.
We are growing our engineering team in Germany / Berlin. You are welcome to join us to develop great products in an exceptional team.
As a full-stack engineer, you will join the team that owns the Cresta Director: The application that gives call center managers deep insights into millions of customer conversations. You will join a collaborative but highly autonomous working environment in which each member has a defined role with clear expectations, as well as the freedom to pursue individual projects. Product managers, designers, testers, and software developers for the Director product are all part of the Berlin team.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the product manager to define and detail the product requirements
- Define software architecture and design matching the requirements
- Write and push high-quality code efficiently for both the frontend and backend
- Apply synchronous and asynchronous design patterns
- Scale distributed applications
- Apply ML as a major differentiator for the product (you do not need to be an ML engineer yourself)
- Identify and leverage opportunities to improve general engineering productivity
- Integrate with various tools for CI/CD, test automation, monitoring, logging, documentation
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7
What We Look For:
- Junior to senior level
- Various published projects (junior) or 5+ years of relevant work experience (senior)
- A deep understanding of the modern front-end ecosystem and experience applying frameworks/tools (React.js, Webpack, and Node.js) and patterns to complex, production web applications
- Experience with event-driven architectures and mechanisms for client-side state management
- Comfortable defining and building robust APIs with a strong understanding for different protocols like Websockets, REST, RPC frameworks, etc
- Experience with database schema design and an understanding of query performance that translates to performant, scalable, and reactive products
- Deep appreciation for building applications with observability as a first-class principle and familiarity with application performance monitoring
- Preferably extensive experience coding in TypeScript and Go
- Great communication skills
- Enough confidence to have your ideas challenged without feeling like you're being challenged
If you want to make an impact with an amazing product, want to improve your tech skills by working with other exceptional engineers, and like to be part of an amazing international team, then you should join us. We pay an attractive salary and with the Cresta stock options, you can benefit from the company's growth.